A Call to Arms

most wanted canons

ATTENTION: ACTA is going Private and will henceforth be primarily character driven! This means we will no longer be doing outside recruitment/advertising (though we will not turn folks away if they stumble upon us). We also will have fewer admin-driven site events, and no activity requirements. Want more information? Check out the Announcement HERE!

Add Reply
New Poll

But I'm Not That Bold, Tag: Myrcella | First Crone
VIOLA MEADOWS
 direct link • Jun 20 2017, 10:15 pm
years
• • 0 posts

Weaving colors across a canvas never got hard. It never did. Satisfying that, and honestly, Viola was quite thankful for that. If it got hard her life would get distinctly harder too. There was a direct relation there, a causation relationship. Her painting helped to free feelings best kept to herself in a way that was both productive and satisfying.

She peered past her canvas to look to her subject. Myrcella had no such thing, at least, not so far as Viola knew. Viola still could hardly call herself a true friend of the current heir. Well, not heir. Bride to heir. Heir to queenship. She wanted to be though. Viola was not a girl that was particularly good with outreach, preferring her painting. Simultaneously though, she wanted to be there for people. To be relied upon as someone was satisfying in the same way as a painting. It was just a fair bit harder, given that she had to rely on other people for the human connection thing, for the painting she could do all by herself. Mostly. A subject was helpful but technically optional. Wouldn't be a good portrait if she just did it freehand, but they could not all be winners.

Viola watched Myrcella for a moment longer, the woman's blond hair waving down her back catching the light and shining in a most satisfying way. Viola turned back to her canvas, glancing at the way the hair fell for now, and moved her paint brush to try and lighten the hair, to emulate that shine. "Have you ever been painted before your highness?" Viola asked easily as she brushed softly, gently, and not at all swiftly. This was dangerous territory shading, and given she was so close to done, messing up now would prove to be a difficult beast to tame. Making a mistake early was easy to cover up, the later in the process though, well, it became far harder to add something to make this mistake intentional. "I assume so, given the obsession with sending pictures alongside betrothal offers. A little unfair that, especially given most of those that I've seen are hardly true captures of the beauty of a woman. Might as well just surprise the man rather than give him some false idea." Viola mused, before realizing such talk might be painful to the woman whose husband was captured, held somewhere. By filthy Ironborn too. Though the filth would be wonderful to paint. "Anyway, the point is, you are captured wonderfully in paint. Color and light seems to hold you in high esteem your highness."
MYRCELLA TYRELL
 direct link • Jul 10 2017, 02:05 am
Princess of the Reach
The Golden Viper
Her Family
THE REACH
16 years
Lena • She/Her • 357 posts

painted faces on parade

Myrcella sat poised as she had been trained, back straight and light catching on golden curls, brightening the emerald hues of her eyes as she waited for Viola to paint her. She had been painted before, once, by her brother Joffrey. The portrait he had designed of her was the one sent to Willas shortly after their betrothal, to show him the prize that he was getting. She wondered now if he would still think of her that way, as a prize, or if he knew better.

"Have you ever been painted before your highness?" the painter asked and Myrcella’s smile widened slightly, a quick nod so as not to mess with her positioning, attempting to be a decent model for the woman. "I assume so, given the obsession with sending pictures alongside betrothal offers. A little unfair that, especially given most of those that I've seen are hardly true captures of the beauty of a woman. Might as well just surprise the man rather than give him some false idea." Viola mused, but Myrcella hadn’t minded it all that much. At the time, Willas had made her feel comfortable.

"Anyway, the point is, you are captured wonderfully in paint. Color and light seems to hold you in high esteem your highness." Myrcella’s smiled deepened, this time extending to show white teeth beneath pink lips. “I thank you for that, Lady Viola. I’ve been painted once before, by my brother Joffrey, and I can say this most certainty that while the painting was beautiful in that it was art, your point is one I can agree with.”

gown
thanks
VIOLA MEADOWS
 direct link • Aug 09 2017, 01:19 am
years
• • 0 posts

Viola loved seeing Myrcella smile, her lips pulling up in a pleased fashion. Especially when the princess' teeth flashed. Viola had painted the princess with a more contemplative expression, not one of joy or even one of much strong emotion at all. Yet she was tempted to go back when she saw Myrcella's smile. It was something that quite deserved to be captured. Another time though. There was something about Myrcella deep in thought that was wondrous too. Far more accurate also. The princess had been quiet and lost somewhere in her mind as of late. Leonette was far easier to read, if her mood the more tragic one.

Viola laughed lightly as Myrcella said she could agree with that point, the lack of humility amusing her. "I'm glad you think so. It would not do for a princess to feel that a painting was prettier than she. You are glorious, your beauty something that could not be recreated by human hands." Viola peaked around her canvas to look at Myrcella, and she gave the princess a smile. "Not in all its capacity anyway." Viola turned her attentions back to the painting, dipping the brush into a shade for the gown the princess was adorned in. Was she flirting with Myrcella? Possibly, though that had not been her intent in the slightest. It was just... Viola knew few things other than what her eye saw and what her brush could do. It was natural for conversation to turn to this for her. "I've completed your face for now, so we can talk more freely if you'd like. I'm certain that just sitting there will grow boring for you soon enough, if it has not already." Viola offered, hoping the princess would take her up on the offer. Myrcella needed some talking, some rambling, and sitting with a captive audience was one of the best times to do so. If she wouldn't proffer it, Viola wouldn't prod too much. At least, not purposely. Though she was not going to let things grow silent. She found that if the subject was silent then the rest of their body became far more restless. Engaging them in a conversation was the best solution.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAG BOX

tag box rules
♦ Register/post with your OOC alias
♦ Mature, RF and Letter tags can be found in the "Smilies" Link
♦ Just paste your link, no need need for [url=]or []
♦ Any site-related post may be tagged here
♦ Character names for OCs can be colored by using [class=grouplowercase*][/class*] tags! Further assistance with classes and hashtags HERE, and for the generator HERE!

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine