A Call to Arms

most wanted canons

ATTENTION: ACTA is going Private and will henceforth be primarily character driven! This means we will no longer be doing outside recruitment/advertising (though we will not turn folks away if they stumble upon us). We also will have fewer admin-driven site events, and no activity requirements. Want more information? Check out the Announcement HERE!

Closed
New Poll

Happy Tidings, For Sansa
MELIANA SLATE
 direct link • May 05 2017, 09:46 pm
years
• • 0 posts

My Dearest Princess Sansa,

It has been quite some time since I have had a chance to write you but with the news that will be carried now to you, I could no longer delay. My brother Mordan has informed me that I am to travel to Casterly Rock to serve as a lady-in-waiting to my favorite princess. I am sure someone might see those words and take offense to them but I stand by the fact that you are now and will ever remain my favorite.

I do admit that my journey is not one I am looking forward to but that you will be waiting at the end hardly seems like a bad consolation for spending many days aboard a rocking ship. With my tendency to get sick at sea, it will be dreadful I am sure and you will need to excuse me for a day or two after arrival while I regain my color and my disposition becomes sunny once more.

It will be another fortnight before I sail as my family wishes to send me off with a feast comprised of all my favorites. Nana claims none below the Greywater have any idea how to prepare a meal half as good as she and she worries that I will waste away to nothing. That said, she is packing an assortment of goodies for you as well as her "dear princess must be nothing but skin and bones now". Many miss your presence here, and I believe I will bring chests from Winterfell from your family. I am not sure what will be within, but I will guard them with my life until they are in your possession.

I should probably bring this message to a close now but I hope this news is met with as much joy as I send within these words. I look forward to our times together in the west. Hearing your sweet voice once more will be such a wonder! I simply am too excited to sleep while I count the days until my leaving.

Your lady-in-waiting,

Lia

APOLLYMI @ SHINE
SANSA LANNISTER
 direct link • May 08 2017, 03:45 pm
Princess of the Westerlands
Little Bird
Her Family
THE WESTERLANDS
17 years
Lena • She/Her • 182 posts

Meliana Slate,

The news your letter brought to me came as a pleasant surprise, one I am more than happy with. I am pleased to know my title as favorite has withstood and cannot wait for my favorite lady to join me. Should the words offend we'll simply have to remind them of a nearly lifelong friendship and that their offense matters not.

I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with the travel. Horse back, ship, carriage ride - none are comfortable and all take entirely too long. I will be waiting here for you with whatever concoction the maester recommends to ease your illness and your own rooms made up near to mine. You can take as long as you need to settle in, surely. I'll just be glad to have a friend in these castle walls.

Nana is right about one thing. no one knows how to make a meal half as good as she, above or below the Greywater. I miss her and you all dearly. Please send my love to all of them before you leave. I will, however, assure you that I am just as plump if not more so since we last saw one another. That being said, nothing offered could compare to the little feasts your family would prepare for us back in the old days, and I miss the old days very much. Please thank her, and m family should you see them, for the gifts.

Sleeping at all will be a task for the fortnight to come. Knowing an old friend is coming is exciting news indeed. I'll be more cheerful than ever as I await your arrival, sweet Lia, and cannot wait to show you around Casterly Rock.

Your friend,
Sansa Lannister
MELIANA SLATE
 direct link • May 08 2017, 07:20 pm
years
• • 0 posts

Dearest One,

Not much longer now. Most of my belongings are packed and there is an entire chest filled with nothing but jars of treats. I informed Nana of what you said in your letter about being fed well and she tutted and renewed her efforts to fill the chest to the very top. I must admit, I do not think the two of us can eat all she will send in three years but we will share the treats with those deserving before they spoil. She has dried fruits and nuts and cheese and sends some of her favorite summer ale. She would not dare mention it out loud, but she also sends dried pears soaked in brandy. "Mother's medicine" she calls it. Not that either of us are mothers, and if I have my way, I will not be for a very long time if ever.

I visited Winterfell since your departure and it seems almost a hollow place without your voice. I would imagine that your mother feels the same way, though she would speak of duty and fulfill it as she has done.

Mordan has spoken to me of traveling overland the entire way. That would put me on horseback or cooped up in a carriage for a pair of months perhaps and I am not sure I prefer that to sea travel. When I inquired why he said nothing save rough seas. My goodsister confided in me that he worries even a ship carrying northmen might be harried by those crass iron islanders. Mordan apparently fears I will become some salt-wife to one of them should my ship be boarded. He is most paranoid in my opinion, but I will of course do as he commands. Brothers are such brutes.

If you can think of any further requests to have me deliver to you, write immediately. I think a raven can get to you and one back to me before I leave. Or at least quickly enough that Mordan can send a rider to bring it to me upon the road. Casterly Rock will never be the same once we claim it in the name of the women of the north. And in case this is read by a mischief-maker, let it be known that is said in jest. Mostly.

Hardly able to wait,

Lia

APOLLYMI @ SHINE

SANSA LANNISTER
 direct link • May 09 2017, 02:02 am
Little Bird
Her Family
THE WESTERLANDS
17 years

Meliana Slate,

I start my reply with a question: is it wrong of me to wish some mischief-maker had seen this? After reading it I even checked the seal. Alas, our secret is safe. Casterly Rock will never be the same once we’re reunited, and I know it’ll be the better for it.

I’m surprised Nana hasn’t yet made another trunk. No worries, I’ve made a few friends here in the West that I await the chance to introduce you to. Perhaps some Northern delicacies will make for an interesting luncheon.

Speaking of mothers… I’m not looking for you a husband. I know your brother will wish it but I’m leaving that choice up to you. Should you find you wish to marry, I can find someone worthy of someone as bright and wonderful as you and should you not I will always need a friend. The choice is yours, dear one. Don’t tell your brother or he’ll never let you leave.

Brothers are terrible. And they don’t get better with age. If anything, I’ve found they get worse the older they get. No matter, one way or another you will get here and for that I can hardly wait. You, me, mother’s milk, and a whole new area to explore and make our own. Perhaps we could even travel some, the pair of us and my husband. What a life we would live then. Please tell your brother that no pirate would have the gall to steal you away and if they did we all know you would force them to return you. One thing I’ve always adored about you, that your stubbornness could rival even my own. And we all know how much trouble my own found me in.

I can’t think of a single request but for you to ask time itself to speed up. I am sorely missing Northern company and have probably talked every ear in the kingdom off about my excitement at your arrival. Another beautiful Northern girl in their Southron lands, to shake up the nobility. Can’t you imagine? We’ll have more fun than they might be prepared for, and I for one can’t wait to get started.

See you soon and please travel well,

Your friend,
Sansa Lannister
MELIANA SLATE
 direct link • May 09 2017, 05:55 pm
years
• • 0 posts

Dearest Princess,

Finally we have stopped that I might sit to pen a letter, though I fear it will be short. We are yet north of the Neck. That is the part of the journey I think I dread most, but I am happy to have a carriage or horse beneath me as opposed to a ship. It is said we should reach Moat Cailin by midday tomorrow but I will look forward to seeing the last of it. I remember all too well the stories your own Nan spoke of the First Men there. I am just glad we will not spend the night in the shadows of such a place.

If anyone thinks kingdom secrets are contained within our letters and find themselves bored enough to try to decipher the code, I wish them the best of luck. If they have not yet prepared for an invading army of (two) Northern ladies, then they should do so before it is too late. Though I doubt any can prepare for us, not even with the greatest master of whispers in all the lands.

I know my journey has only just begun but with each mile our party travels I cannot help but feel a growing sense of elation, and not only that, a newfound sense of freedom I was never able to claim under Mordan's thumb. I think his wife was pleased to see me go. There will be less confusion among the small folk who is the lady of Blackpool now. More importantly, I know I am not being forced into some marriage I neither want nor orchestrate myself. I suppose most would think wanting something so foolish as a marriage based on something more than politics is foolish. Call me a fool then but should I ever marry, it will be someone I can tolerate. I know none better to be a judge of that than you my dear friend and I know of all people you will not support my brother's cause of sending me to an unwanted marriage. My heart breaks enough for you in yours that I should be happy to remain with you for as long as needed to be sure you have everything you need.

If only I could fly upon the wings of a raven to reach you as soon as this letter will but good things we must await with patience.

Just a few more weeks,

Lia

APOLLYMI @ SHINE

SANSA LANNISTER
 direct link • May 09 2017, 06:57 pm
Little Bird
Her Family
THE WESTERLANDS
17 years

Meliana Slate,

Moat Cailin already, you are growing nearer and nearer every moment. I can only imagine where you might be now. The Neck is a fearsome place, but last I heard my brother had made peace with the men there and in that I find comfort that you will be safe in that regard. Besides, Nan told plenty of stories, and I am not yet certain too many of them are true.

If anyone think kingdom secrets are contained within our letters they would be wise. All of the secrets, my dearest Lia, we have them all. No Master of Whispers could compared to what we can decipher amongst ourselves with only friends and family to share it with. A shame really, the power saved for men rather than women such as ourselves. Just think of what could come if we were trusted. We'd not be in this bloody war, I can believe that much. I can also believe that any who opens these letters should hide their own identities. A lady does not take kindly to being spied on, and there are two fearsome Northerners on either side of this one.

I am glad that your new position in my life brings you happiness. I am uncertain I would be anyone's first choice to serve after the debacle I made of the famed prince of the Iron Islands, but you know me well enough to know there was great purpose in my actions. Still, choosing a husband would not be high on my skill list I fear and I fear no one would ever live up to my expectations of what you deserve. If only one of us can have a choice in the matter, I am glad that it is you. My own marriage... It is not ideal, I cannot lie to you on that, but Tyrion is not an unkind man. He makes sure I have everything I want or need and generally leaves me on my own. For a marriage I did not want, I could not ask for anything more.

Praying this raven finds you well, wherever you are now,

Your friend,
Sansa Lannister
MELIANA SLATE
 direct link • May 13 2017, 06:47 pm
years
• • 0 posts

Dearest Princess,

I apologize for the amount of time it has taken to return your last letter. We have made it well into the Riverlands, and in spite of some of my guards muttering about preferring to be in the midst of fighting than on duty babysitting (yes, me. They think I am difficult to deal with), we seem to be well on course. That said, I should see you by early Second Maiden at the latest.

I have seen beautiful country and for that, I am grateful to have come overland. I enjoy riding my mare as well, and she seems to enjoy a good run every so often. The guards do not allow me to stray too far due to the possibility of cutthroats and robbers, but I do enjoy riding when I can. Being cooped up in a carriage is not half so fun though I have attempted reading on the rainy days. Mostly when confined, I look out or sleep. I have slept more over the weeks than in years, possibly since I was a baby and I still long for a comfortable bed.

I know not of any debacle with the Iron Prince, only that my dear friend knew what she wanted, and did not want. He has crooked teeth anyhow and that would be hard to wake up to every morning for the rest of your life. (And if there are spies reading our letters, you can certainly pass that tidbit of information on to the iron prince in case a looking glass has not been consulted).

Women ruling the world would be an amazing thing. We would not fight with swords but with words. We would take care of our families and loved ones and not worry about who has the biggest peni... tract of land. Everything is a direct measurement of manhood.

Prince Tyrion better treat you well. If I ever of anything to the contrary, he will need to face me and I can be as evil as a viper with my loved ones are threatened. I only ever want to hear of your happiness. Anything less is not becoming of a life for my dear friend. Ladies of the North know harshness but we need not be subjected to it when it is unnecessary.

I think I have begun to ramble on so I will bring this to a close. If you wish to send the next letter to Golden Tooth, I can receive it there as my brother has tasked me with carrying a package to our mother's good brother's distant cousin's husband. I forget the actual relation but it is certainly distant though Mother spoke fondly of her visits to Golden Tooth as a youth.

Halfway there,

Lia

APOLLYMI @ SHINE
SANSA LANNISTER
 direct link • Jun 14 2017, 03:51 pm
Little Bird
Her Family
THE WESTERLANDS
17 years

Meliana Slate,

The guards think you’re hard to deal with? Just wait until we’re together again. Any traveling we do will surely see some knights relinquishing their vows just to get away from us. How is the Riverlands? I’ve only been there one, for Robb’s first wedding, but it seemed nice enough then. Second Maiden is close enough that I can rejoice, and hope that the guards rush a little more to relieve you from their watch.

As soon as you get here, I’ll show you to your new comfortable bed. Traveling was never something I cared for, but at least every now and again you can have some fun, learn something, or just generally not have to be awake as you do so. What area did you like most? Perhaps one day you and I can go back and visit it, do as we like there rather than just passing through as you are now.

I am happier for your words on the Theon Tragedy than I care to admit, so thank you dear Lia. Believe it or not, at one point I wouldn’t have minding waking up to those ugly crooked teeth and stupid smile, but by the time the betrothal was made I knew too much of Theon to think him in any way a good husband. I can only hope my cousin Gwen is happier than I would have been with such a man. Oh, and on the case of spies, remind the prince also that if he is so worried over the opinion of two ladies perhaps he should double check what resides between his legs for I’d be almost certain that anyone with a real cock wouldn’t care so much.

If women ruled the world, at least we might be able to settle things before wars. I mean really, one big party and a good conversation could solve so many things but all the men need to prove their worth in steel, as if that somehow compensates for the lack of intellect or quality features. Really, we have to pass that down to our children, you’d think they’d at least attempt to learn something other than swordsmanship. Still, it’s nice sometimes to watch them practice… Exercise is very important, I’m sure.

The harshness of the North is a blizzard compared to my husband. I think I was expecting something worse when I married him, expecting some deformed little elephant man or something. Instead he’s just short, but still handsome as a Lannister can be, and smarter than anyone I’ve ever met, sad as that may be to say. I’m not sure yet how I feel of him, but he’s never been unkind. Time will tell what relationship Tyrion and myself may have, but for now we’re civil.

Golden Tooth is even nearer, it’ll not be long til you are here with me after that visit. I hope the visit is pleasant, as I’ve heard one of the sons there to be quite handsome, but you never know. A pretty face can disguise the ugliest of men, after all. I’ll see you soon, Lia, and hopefully all this traveling will have been worth it.

Your friend,
Sansa Lannister
NATALIE
 direct link • Jun 18 2017, 10:11 pm
yo friendly advert mod
STAFF
years
• she/her • 91 posts

Thread Archived!

This thread has been deemed complete. To have this thread reopened, please contact a staff member via PM with a link to the thread and the forum you wish it to be placed.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

TAG BOX

tag box rules
♦ Register/post with your OOC alias
♦ Mature, RF and Letter tags can be found in the "Smilies" Link
♦ Just paste your link, no need need for [url=]or []
♦ Any site-related post may be tagged here
♦ Character names for OCs can be colored by using [class=grouplowercase*][/class*] tags! Further assistance with classes and hashtags HERE, and for the generator HERE!

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine