most wanted canons

Based on our stats and upcoming plots we are in need of characters in the IRON ISLANDS, the REACH and ESSOS.

Add Reply
New Poll

You Make Me A Believer, Tag: Daena | Second Crone
NICOLAI
 Posted: May 31 2017, 04:35 PM
RED PRIEST
THE APPRENTICE
SWORN TO THE RED GOD
ESSOS
22 years
RIKU • 23 posts • SHE/HER

tonight you're fuel for my fire
Nicolai felt very good about the Targaryens having come here. He felt... vindicated. At least, in some small part. He had seen dragons in his visions, and to have them here with him now... It meant he was right. Not to say that he hadn't been proven right in the past. There had been many times he had seen something that had soon come to pass, many times he had seen things he had already experienced. But this event was larger than any before.

Nicolai wasn't comfortable making any higher decree about the presence of the Targaryen princesses being something larger to the Red God, but he was comfortable enough to tell any doubters that they were supposed to be here. And that they deserved the Temple's help. Nicolai was not sure if they were coming to a head, if the conflict their God prophesied was coming, but he knew that they should help the dragons. Both the girls and the literal dragon.

It wasn't difficult to get them to be friends. Or as much friends as anything. The prince was wary of all of them, he was very much against the Red God it seemed, but the princesses. They liked him, liked the Temple. Or, they liked it more than homelessness. Which was enough for Nicolai. After all, he needed only a little bit in order to charm. Which was Nicolai's nature. He liked to befriend, be personal, upfront. Being a figurehead or preacher was more difficult for him than talking one on one. Which was fine. Both skills were necessary for success on the path to priesthood after all. In this instance, he had managed to persuade a chef friend of his to prepare a variety of things. Volantene cuisines, rich, poor, good, bad, all of them. All of them laid out across the table, only small servings available but a massive variety. And he had invited the Princess Daena to join him. Taking her out on the city was of course a good option for getting to know her, get her comfortable with the surroundings, but it was also dangerous, and he didn't want her prince getting antsy about her leaving. This on the other hand, was in-house, and provided much the same. Also, less walking, which meant more talking. He heard steps approaching now, and Nicolai turned, smile quick to his lips, and a short bow. "Princess! I am glad you were not busy. I have so much to show you." He said agreeably.
you can't stop my flames
PMEmail
^
DAENA TARGARYEN
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 10:12 PM
High Princess of Westeros
Daena the Defiant
Sworn to House Targaryen
ESSOS
18 years
Lena • 515 posts • She/Her

Since her first visit to the temple, Daena had begun to find the place as a comfort she greatly needed. She trained, met with the others, did her best to be agreeable and studious even when she found it hard at time to be anything at all but frustrated with a lack of instant results. Her gifts had come so quickly, showed themselves instantly, and yet learning to use them seemed to be taking forever. She felt like she was stuck in place, but at the very least there were others like her around, something that kept her mind on Jon.

What would he say if she knew what she was doing now? Would he be disappointed that so much of her energy was going into the magic she was gifted? Would he be proud? The last few moons their relationship had become particularly strained, and Daena knew as much of it was her fault as it was his even if she might never admit it. He thought she was mad, thought she was stupid, but he didn’t see the drive in her, how clear she saw everything and the choices she had made in her other form. Hell, she didn’t even know if the whispers of her skin changing ever made it past her mother, nonetheless to the ears of her brother. Would it have made a difference, if he knew who she had really sent to the Stormlands? Would it make things worse?

One problem with training her gifts was that of questions. The more she delved deeper into her abilities the more she questioned her life and herself. Why her? Why now? What changed? It was hard, the sudden insecurity, but those at the temple made things easier, worked with her, didn’t push her when she needed to stop and just sit with her shaking body a while, unable to continue to swim deeper into an area of her mind she knew chaos lurked. As such, when she had been asked to the temple by one of the priests, she had quickly agreed.

Nicolai had always been kind to her, always friendly and personable. He was honest, and Daena could respect him for it. As such, how could Daena refuse an invitation for a meal and chat? No, she happily agreed and made her way to him just as she had said she would, garbed in a black gown she hoped would be appropriate for the occasion. Of all the times she had been taught how to dress up for luncheons or meetings, one in Essos with a red priest had never been on the list of possibilities.

Nicolai turned with a smile as soon as she approached, a short bow met with a curtsy of her own. "Princess! I am glad you were not busy. I have so much to show you." Daena’s turned upwards in response. “I could hardly refuse a personal invitation after all the kindness you’ve shown to me.” She laughed, to show she was joking and that she had no desire to decline even had he not.

Outfit
PMEmailAIMYIMMSN
^
NICOLAI
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 10:04 PM
RED PRIEST
THE APPRENTICE
SWORN TO THE RED GOD
ESSOS
22 years
RIKU • 23 posts • SHE/HER

tonight you're fuel for my fire
Daena approached, quite stunning as she always was. The rich and pretty Valyrian blood ran thick through the blood of both the princesses. Nicolai was of course not lacking for pretty people to look at, but there was something about nobility. Perhaps it was just confirmation bias, nobles were supposed to be pretty so he thought they were more so. Regardless, the beauty of the princesses was not his mind, especially given one was engaged. He waved off her casual compliment easily. It was hardly kind to be amicable. "You are the one doing me a service here, your company is more than appreciated. Beyond that, kindnesses stop being kindnesses when they are called in as debts." Nicolai continued easily. He picked up a small plate and put a small egg dish onto it. It was meant to carry some spice, and was truly a more upper class delicacy, though only by preparation time, ingredients for it were relatively cheap.

"As you might tell, I hoped to help engage you more in Volantis by sharing food. It's hardly what we're known for, but it is always helpful at parties to know what food you like and what you very much do not." He offered out the plate. "A devilish egg. Not my favorite, but delicious nonetheless." He did hope she took him up on this offer of food and such. It was a good way to break ice, that is, to eat together. And of course, throwing it under the guise of cultural learning was the best way. "You know, it is my teacher that you are learning under. I just want to offer that connection, so that you know when I say that if anyone will be able to help and teach you, it is Master Benerro. He's helped me more than anyone but our god can say. For that, I'll have to always be grateful." Nicolai hoped his words were coming across as reassuring and not overbearing. He got the sense that Daena Targaryen was independent to a surly degree, so perhaps she'd not take kindly. But, he had to keep confidence in himself. This was his gift after all, people.
you can't stop my flames
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAG BOX

TAG BOX RULES
O Register/post with your OOC alias
O Mature, RF and Letter tags can be found in the "Smilies" Link
O Just paste your link, no need need for [url=]or []
O Any site-related post may be tagged here
O Character names for OCs can be colored by using [class=grouplowercase*][/class*] tags! Further assistance with classes and hashtags here, and for the generator here!

AFFILIATES

Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D Candyland Couture
Swords of Speirling War Is Brewing Once Upon a Nightmare
Warden's Vigil: A Dragon Age Roleplaying Community The Arrow fugue state Maelstrom Into The Abyss The Hobbit Roleplay THE POWER OF TWO
ACTA ACTA ACTA ACTA ACTA ACTA ACTA ACTA ACTA
OHaV Code 8
skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine