A Call to Arms

most wanted canons

ATTENTION: ACTA is going Private and will henceforth be primarily character driven! This means we will no longer be doing outside recruitment/advertising (though we will not turn folks away if they stumble upon us). We also will have fewer admin-driven site events, and no activity requirements. Want more information? Check out the Announcement HERE!

Add Reply
New Poll

the only exception, fairfish | date tbd
WALDA FREY
 direct link • Jul 06 2017, 04:10 pm
Lady Frey
Fair Walda
House Tully
THE RIVERLANDS
18 years
Lena • She/Her • 42 posts

outfit: here
have courage and
be kind.
Ooc- started this based on what we talked about, the discussion they have before the news gets out or what have you, so the date was left blank as I wasn't precisely sure when you wanted that, but I thought it was around these moons. Pls forgive me if I am incorrect in that. I just know I said I'd start it so I thought ??? this was right.

The rooms afforded for Walda in Riverrun were far more plush than she had ever been offered previously, with thick pillows that sank under the weight of her head when she laid down to sleep and large blankets smooth to the touch in deep enriched colors of blues and greys and every now and again a hint of red in the pattern. Walda had to have traced the pattern, little circles handwoven into intricate designs, half a thousand times while she’d stayed here, and she’d probably add another half to that by the time she left.

Coming to Riverrun had been nothing like what she had been expecting. Perwyn had been kind to her, assuring, only a few notches under sentimental dare she think it, and Edmure had been… Walda smiled just to think of that man, her king. He was kind, wise, intense in a way that did not provoke fear or worry. He was… Walda couldn’t name it, that quality she saw in him. She was just grateful it was there, glad to know it existed.

It was only an hour or so before supper time but already Walda was dressed for the occasion, sitting on the bed with a book about the history of Riverrun and those who had ruled it lazily, nimble fingers flicking through pages she had only skimmed, wide brown eyes stopping on any pictures that could be there, freezing on any mention of the Freys. Each mention only reminded her how lucky she was to even be here, how undeserving she was to know the kindness of her king.

A knock against the heavy wood of the door drew her eyes instantly to the entrance, a call of acceptance and admittance brought forth from her throat. She hadn’t been expecting anyone. She hadn’t anyone to expect. Her eyes waited for the door to open, for the person behind it to enter, not moving from the frame.

EDMURE TULLY
♥ spenny
EDMURE TULLY
 direct link • Aug 02 2017, 08:05 pm
years
• • 0 posts

a simple man
BE SOMETHING YOU LOVE AND UNDERSTAND

To say that Edmure didn't want to do this would be inaccurate. He did hate the necessity of it. The rush and hurry and timing of everything. That was true, but also... There was something about being in control of his marriage and his house's future in this that was relieving. Awesome. Edmure did want to do this. He just wished the circumstances surrounding it were better. As it was, he knew some would meet him with disapproval. But after what Perwyn had told him regarding whispers of weakness of House Tully and everything else. He needed this. His house, his legacy needed this. And living in his current world where everything seemed to shift every few months, sooner would be far better than later.

He knocked on Walda's door, and he was permitted entrance, though the tone was surprised. He had not sent word ahead. This was a more private matter. He'd left his crown and cloak both behind. He bowed his head briefly to Walda, then closed the door behind him. "I hope you'll excuse any interruption," Edmure straightened, exhaled, and rubbed the back of his head. How could he start this conversation? What was the best way, the way that would explain everything about this, about how he wanted to avoid the marriage he had before, about how he needed a queen, about how he regretted that this was quick. Edmure had never been a man skilled with words, and personal conversation was especially not his forte. He took another breath, then met her eyes and maintained that contact. Again, this was a personal matter, and he would not drift away. She deserved as much as he could grant her. He began to speak. "I will cut out the dancing around topics and small talk, not because I do not desire to speak at length with you, I just wish to be honest. I'm sure you understand why you were sent to Riverrun, to catch a husband, and if you catch the widower king then all the better. And I'm sure you were expecting that to mostly go over your head and behind your back, as is normally done with betrothals. The women are left out of it. However, I've recently come out of a marriage where that was done and it was decidedly poor. I hope to avoid that. So I've come here to ask before I move forward. Would you mind... Would you hate it if you were married to me?"

walda

WALDA FREY
 direct link • Aug 03 2017, 02:58 am
Lady Frey
Fair Walda
House Tully
THE RIVERLANDS
18 years
Lena • She/Her • 42 posts

outfit: here
have courage and
be kind.
Walda’s soft smile flew to her lips as Edmure entered. He came without crown or cloak, as a man rather than as her king and it was a subtle difference that Walda noticed instantly. She had a bad past with men coming to her at night as men, rather than something else. Her fingers twitched into her palms, but her smile did not falter.

"I hope you'll excuse any interruption," he began and Walda blinked twice, shaking her head quickly. “Oh, you’re never an interruption, please come in, come in.” She realized she’d been standing and staring at him for the duration of his entrance and chided herself. Probably not the best way to impress a King.

He took a breath and Walda watched him inquisitively until his eyes came to meet hers, holding steady with his gaze. This is was serious, whatever it was. "I will cut out the dancing around topics and small talk, not because I do not desire to speak at length with you, I just wish to be honest. I'm sure you understand why you were sent to Riverrun, to catch a husband, and if you catch the widower king then all the better.” Walda tore her eyes away a moment, nodding her head. That was precisely what was desired of her, the mission she’d been sent here for.

Her mind automatically went to his kindness when they had first met, preparing for him to tell her that she wasn’t the one he had chosen. She didn’t understand the distress in her chest at that thought, the idea that it would upset her to not be good enough for him. They’d not known one another long enough for her to be this invested, and yet… Her eyes returned to his once again.

“And I'm sure you were expecting that to mostly go over your head and behind your back, as is normally done with betrothals. The women are left out of it. However, I've recently come out of a marriage where that was done and it was decidedly poor. I hope to avoid that. So I've come here to ask before I move forward.” Now Walda was completely confused. He was going to include her in his decision to marry someone else? No, that wouldn’t make sense. Not until… “Would you mind... Would you hate it if you were married to me?"

It took a few second for Walda to process, much to her own embarrassment, and she was sure the dazed look upon her face spoke wonders. But then she did. All at once, she realized what she was being asked, what he was proposing. And she rushed him, throwing her arms around his neck in a hug and laughing. “Are you kidding? You’re the nicest person I’ve ever met, why would I ever mind being married to someone who had even the inkling of asking me about it, nonetheless doing so?” She pulled away, a large smile on her face before taking a deep breath.

“I’m sorry, it’s out of line for me to touch you and I know that I just-“ she breathed, all of the air in her lungs being used to get out that one sentence before looking up at him. “No one else would ever have asked, King Edmure. No one would have treated me with kindness, with any sort of respect. If I had to choose to marry anyone, it would be you, I assure you. And I…” Walda took another breath, a shaky laugh before she shook her head. “I’m sorry, you sort of overwhelmed me. Being asked to agree to my future isn’t something I’ve ever been prepared for.”

EDMURE TULLY
♥ spenny
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAG BOX

tag box rules
♦ Register/post with your OOC alias
♦ Mature, RF and Letter tags can be found in the "Smilies" Link
♦ Just paste your link, no need need for [url=]or []
♦ Any site-related post may be tagged here
♦ Character names for OCs can be colored by using [class=grouplowercase*][/class*] tags! Further assistance with classes and hashtags HERE, and for the generator HERE!

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine