A Call to Arms

most wanted canons

ATTENTION: ACTA is going Private and will henceforth be primarily character driven! This means we will no longer be doing outside recruitment/advertising (though we will not turn folks away if they stumble upon us). We also will have fewer admin-driven site events, and no activity requirements. Want more information? Check out the Announcement HERE!

Add Reply
New Poll

One Day This World's Got To End, Tag: Gwen | First Crone
THEON GREYJOY
 direct link • Aug 03 2017, 08:06 pm
Prince of the Iron Islands
The Squid Prince
Sworn to the Seven Kingdoms
THE IRON ISLANDS
22 years
Rikuva • She/Her • 163 posts

Theon was going away. Not for long. Asha had a call from Mace Tyrell and wanted to answer it. And Theon was coming along. He was on her council, and evidently one of few on said council to have much experience at all with mainlanders. Of course, many Iron Islanders were still smart enough (maybe smart was the wrong phrase, aware enough) to know the basics of lands and their rulers. But Theon was intimately familiar. One of his few advantages he supposed. It could hardly be called an advantage really when it had worked so squarely against him when he tried to claim his throne.

He looked to his wife across the table. They were eating in a silence that Theon couldn't call uncomfortable for it was too familiar to be uncomfortable. Gwen Tully had not helped him win. She had hurt him really. Her man, the Mudd had been the one to kill his father (supposedly) and then his alliance with the mainland had been used to call the Kingsmoot. No, Gwen had not helped his cause. But... She was his wife. He'd not leave her behind, or abandon her. But he did need to grow stronger. And if she grew stronger with him then that would be fantastic. They could find some real success then. Theon took a draft from the goblet of wine that sat aside his plate, and in his drink realized he had not mentioned his departure to his wife. Again, the silence was familiar. It had slipped Theon's mind to say something. He set the chalice back down, and cleared his throat. "Gwen," Theon voiced. He met her Tully blue eyes then and felt a shot of regret. He needed to be stronger. Iron. That meant not being as empathetic. He imagined that Gwen suffered for this decision. But it would get better. When Theon succeeded it would. "I'm going on a trip. I won't be gone long probably. To the Reach with Asha, then right back. Probably." Unless things changed. Unless things got dangerous. That was dumb. Even if they did get dangerous, Theon was sailing with Asha, scourge of the seas. He felt little threat.
who i am hates who i've been
tag: gwen / pyke / notes: dramawks
GWENDOLYN GREYJOY
 direct link • Aug 03 2017, 08:41 pm
THE IRON ISLANDS
years
• • 3 posts

Gwen had never thought she would grow accustomed to silence. She had never been a fan of silence, always filling empty air with chatter or music or laughs. Anything but silence. However, silence seemed to have crept in between her and her husband and it hurt her on the inside. She could not even think of idle talk to bring to her husband to fill the silence between them. She did not know how to help her husband, how to help their relationship. He had been so gentle, so kind to her at first but now he seemed so distant. Not cruel like she had expected an Ironborn husband, per se, but not the man she had been growing to feel for.

She quietly chewed on her dinner, taking small bites for she was still a Princess, when Theon spoke up. Her blue eyes shot to him and she felt them grow wide for a moment as he spoke about growing on a trip. She didn’t want to be left even more alone. At least with Theon here she had some connection to this place, even if he was being distant. She did not want him to leave and force her to be completely alone. He would be going to the Reach with his sister and she would be left here, without her husband. She frowned as she looked to her husband. “When are you to leave?”

She was trying to temper all the questions and accusations that came forth, the fear of her husband leaving her and the fear of him not coming back. “You have said probably too many times in that sentence, Husband. How am I to feel upon hearing my husband is to leave me alone for gods know how long? That he might not even return to me?” Gwen asked, her blue eyes staring at her husband, upset by the news that he would be gone and the uncertainty in him coming back to her soon. There may have been distance and silence growing between them, but that did not mean Gwen wished her husband to be gone or never return. In truth she wished to try and fix the distance between them, but she was unsure how to do that as well.
THEON GREYJOY
 direct link • Aug 08 2017, 08:52 pm
Prince of the Iron Islands
The Squid Prince
Sworn to the Seven Kingdoms
THE IRON ISLANDS
22 years
Rikuva • She/Her • 163 posts

Gwen's frown was harsh, sharp. It wasn't really. Perhaps it was just a contrast to who Theon had first met at Seaguard, a girl who had probably rarely frowned at all. She frowned a lot... This was Theon's fault. He could blame it on no other. Gwen was his wife. He was supposed to care for her, ensure that her frowns were rare. That was the exact opposite of what he was doing. He did feel bad for this. Even terrible. But no matter how bad one felt when you had that thought of "necessity" you could overlook any pain, any hurdle. A flaw in necessity was that it was necessary, and so everything around it became not a problem. But truly, this was not Theon's rhetoric. In his mind, all he could see was his wife, her frown sharp as she asked him when he would leave, and telling himself that he was doing this by choice, but only because he had to. Over and over he thought that to himself.

"In a few days, perhaps as much as a week," Theon answered promptly. Preparations had to be made, for though, again, the absence would not be long, any journey involving a queen had to be well prepared for. For any problems that might crop up in her absence, and any problems that might crop up on her journey. "As soon as everything is ready I'm sure, unless a storm or something of the like delays us." These were poor answers it occurred to Theon. Not things that she wanted to hear. Uncertainty was not what she desired, but it was all Theon had to give. She questioned him further, and Theon felt his throat clinch a little. Of course she should feel worried, concerned, anxious. But... "You should not worry for me. You do not need me, you are strong on your own. A Greyjoy, yes? Just as I am strong on my own. Do not worry for me." Theon said. "Besides, I said probably only because I do not wish to lie. On any trip across the seas there is a chance for failure. But I assure you every likelihood is that I'll be back soon. Granted, there's also the chance that we'll be viciously attacked by the Reach's forces upon arriving, but that's similarly slim. Even if it wasn't, I will be fine. We'll have among the best with us. We'd not fall so easily in battle." Theon looked to Gwen, and leaned forward. Tried to convey a sense of sureness. "I will be back soon."
who i am hates who i've been
tag: gwen / pyke / notes: dramawks
GWENDOLYN GREYJOY
 direct link • Aug 09 2017, 09:42 pm
THE IRON ISLANDS
years
• • 3 posts

Gwen looked at her husband as he told her that he would be leaving soon. It wasn't a very descriptive answer but she supposed it was as good as she would get from her husband who seemed so cryptic these days. She had once thought they would have a happy and loving marriage but it seemed that thought had been foolish. Her husband was so determined to show that he was iron through and through that he would be causing himself to turn to iron in front of her. She wanted her kind Theon back but she wondered if he would even give her back that part if she asked for it. Somehow she thought being an Iron Prince might come first.

Theon proceeded to tell her she was strong because she was a Greyjoy. She looked down for a moment, not willing to voice her thoughts. She was a Tully and a Greyjoy and for that she would always be strong but the Ironborn would always overlook the Tullys as being strong and she knew that. "I do not worry for my own strength. I worry for you. You are my husband. And your...our people will not accept me as a Greyjoy if you are gone, especially since I have not yet produced a Greyjoy babe," she said with a small sigh as her blue eyes moved back up to meet his. She knew how the Ironborn felt of hr Riverland blood and that they would easily forget about her if he did not have the Prince to speak on hr behalf, especially without any little Greyjoy babies to call her own.

She looked at his angular features as he spoke of wishing not to lie and though she desired to respond fervently to that she bit her tongue, listening to the rest of the talk of uncertainty about making it back. He did not wish to lie and so he told her of the uncertainty in the return, how anything could happen and Gwen let out a sigh. She did not wish to see her Theon hurt or dead but she knew he would go, that he must go. He tried to tell her he would be amongst the best that he would be safe. And then he leaned forward and tried to assure her that he would be safe. She gave her husband a small smile and leaned forward herself, her hand finding his and squeezing for a moment. "Good. You must make it back to me Theon," she said with a small smile before letting his hand go and returning to her food. Regardless of drifting apart, he was her husband and she wanted his safe return. "I shall pray for your safe return every day until you are once more by my side," she promised him before bringing another bite of food to her mouth.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAG BOX

tag box rules
♦ Register/post with your OOC alias
♦ Mature, RF and Letter tags can be found in the "Smilies" Link
♦ Just paste your link, no need need for [url=]or []
♦ Any site-related post may be tagged here
♦ Character names for OCs can be colored by using [class=grouplowercase*][/class*] tags! Further assistance with classes and hashtags HERE, and for the generator HERE!

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine