A Call to Arms

most wanted canons

ATTENTION: ACTA is going Private and will henceforth be primarily character driven! This means we will no longer be doing outside recruitment/advertising (though we will not turn folks away if they stumble upon us). We also will have fewer admin-driven site events, and no activity requirements. Want more information? Check out the Announcement HERE!

Add Reply
New Poll

We Are The Fortunate, Tag: Shyra | Second Crone
ARYA STARK
 direct link • Jun 19 2017, 08:27 pm
Princess of the North
Wolf Girl
Sworn to the Seven Kingdoms
THE NORTH
14 years
Rikuva • She/Her • 321 posts

"I need people to stop dying around me. I'm not like sensitive or anything, but you throw enough shit at me eventually I'm just going to keel over. I can't be broken of course, but this all has me really close." Arya was ranting at nothing. The air. The wall. The ceiling. The floor. The closet of dresses that was there, waiting for her to use, waiting forever for as far as Arya cared. Shyra was there, as she was supposed to be in the morning. Ladies in waiting were supposed to wait on people, though Arya rarely ever needed Shyra's services beyond pleasant company. And in this case, a target and person with more answers. Arya sat, perched on her bedframe. Her eyes focused as they drifted towards Shyra.

Arya couldn't say she was sad about Femke's death. She really couldn't. It was rough, but not because she was sad. She was just... trying her best to come to terms to everything. Too much was going on. She laid back, thumping back onto the mattress. "You didn't have nearly so much death did you Shyra? When you were my age and all? I assume you don't, but that's kind of biased and self-absorbed of me, maybe you went to just as many executions and had just as many aunts and brothers murdered." Arya's rants at this point were of little value, even to herself. She didn't know why she was still talking. Well, it was probably because she couldn't very well cry. She was Arya fucking Stark, and she didn't cry. Get irrationally angry and loud and bitter perhaps, but tears? Discounting the fact that it had not been long at all since she had last cried, Arya did no such thing. Arya sat back up, looking to Shyra. She paused for a moment, and exhaled. "My sister was half-punished with the half-man. Am I being punished? I've been turbulent and disrespectful and disloyal. And I don't regret that, not really, because I feel better and more myself than ever before but... Is my house paying some mystical price? Like... the Baratheons got off scott free, not a single death in the core family." Arya sighed. "I'm being stupid. It's a ridiculous thought. Everywhere everything is messed up. I just only appreciate it happening here because this is my home."
SHYRA SWYGERT
 direct link • Jun 27 2017, 06:04 pm
Lady
conqueror of books
House Baratheon
THE STORMLANDS
24 years
athena • she/her • 72 posts

Shyra looked to the wolf princess as she spoke about not breaking. Everyone had their breaking point and though Shyra knew Arya was strong, certainly she had to have one as well. And she couldn’t be blamed for being close to it, not with all the death that had found its way to the Stark family of recent. Shyra let the girl ramble though, not wanting to interrupt her. She had never watched an execution before Femke’s. Shyra tried to keep herself away from death for it was not something she stomached well. She hadn’t really even meant to watch Femke’s head come off her body. She had been there as support and her eyes had remained on the woman for a moment too long before Shyra had buried her face onto Tirius’s arm, seeing the head removed and some of the blood, visions that she could never wipe away from her mind. She tried to set them aside for surely she had a duty to do and she did not need to worry about her own issues with the beheading.

“No, I did not have nearly so much death in my childhood. My mother died when I was young but I hardly remember that and I never watched an execution until now,” Shyra said with a small shrug. She was from a small house, one without too much power. Her father hadn’t needed to swing the executioner’s sword (not that the Storm lords did as the Northerners did and had the man who passed sentence swing the sword) and her family had mostly been a cohesive unit growing up, with her father and her siblings. Death had not loomed over her like a shadow as it seemed to now with the princess.

Shyra looked to the brunette as she spoke about Sansa being punished and wondering if she was being punished, frowning for a moment. “I do not think I would consider marriage to Tyrion even half a punishment, he seems like a good, smart man from the time I’ve spent with him. I also see no reason you would be being punished. Sometimes things just happen and it is not always for a reason. The gods do not work in a formulaic way. Sometimes things just are,” Shyra said with a small sigh, trying her best to offer some sort of comfort to the girl. “And you are allowed to be caught up in events occurring here at your home and worry over such things. It might seem insignificant in the grand scheme of the world, but then we all are. Your home is significant to you and there’s nothing wrong with that,” Shyra said softly, moving forward slightly to move to take one of the princess’s hands in her own, trying to offer comfort in any way she could but knowing that nothing would really do in this instance.
ARYA STARK
 direct link • Jun 27 2017, 11:57 pm
Princess of the North
Wolf Girl
THE NORTH
14 years

Shyra mentioned the death of her mother when she was young, and Arya nodded, though her lady noted she'd not been to an execution until this most recent one. Then again, Arya had not been either. Fair's fair. Arya gained nothing from the knowledge that Shyra indeed was as inexperienced in this matter as Arya was, if not more so. It was worth nothing. She hadn't asked to gain anything, and if she had, she'd promptly forgotten. Perhaps she'd wanted to feel superior or something, but that certainly had not been the result. It was quite impossible to take pride in having a higher "Deaths of Relative" score.

Shyra made sure to note that a marriage to Tyrion was scarcely a punishment, and Arya nodded again. "Of course, we know that now. He's pretty worthy. At the time though, all we knew was that Sansa was to marry the dwarf Lannister known for drinking and whoring, which you'll agree doesn't sound appealing. But another lesson in not judging by covers or whatever. And yeah. Things just are." Things are and there's nothing you can do about it Arya. Just go back to singing and sewing and put down that sword. "But they're not!" She started her protest, "Things are things and everything can be changed. It just takes a person at the right time. But I haven't been that person I don't think. And I need to be, since otherwise things will just keep being."

Shyra did offer some comfort by way of assuring her she had all right to be caught up in what was around her. Everyone had that right. It was their own deal, and their deal had to be dealt with by them, because who else would deal with their deal. Arya should focus on herself for that exact reason, if she didn't then who would? That was a decent motto to some degree, though it failed to account for those precious to you and their needs which might be needed to account for. Arya breathed for a moment. "Shyra, do you ever want to be a person from one of your books? The fun fiction ones, not accounts of history. Though I suppose if you want to be Daemon I I can't stop you."
SHYRA SWYGERT
 direct link • Jul 12 2017, 08:50 pm
Lady
conqueror of books
House Baratheon
THE STORMLANDS
24 years
athena • she/her • 72 posts

Shyra gave the princess a small smile as she talked about once thinking Tyrion to be a man obsessed with drink as well as whores and she shrugged. “I suppose that is true, though he has always been a Lannister Prince and so at least family-wise it was not the worst she could have done. Though, I suppose not ideal for the eldest Stark daughter,” Shyra said with a small nod of her head, acknowledging that Arya had a point, even if Shyra had grown fond of Tyrion rather quickly.

“Of course things can be changed. Well, not past things since those have already happened, but the present and the future can always be changed. Maybe the opportunity for such has not presented itself to you yet, but I think you strong enough certainly to change things, Arya, though timing is more difficult,” Shyra stated to the princess she served. Arya was not a typical princess, that much was beyond obvious to anyone and Shyra had a lot of faith about the momentum that Arya carried within her. She was small but she was mighty.

Arya asked if she had ever wished to be someone in one of her books and Shyra gave her a smile. “Of course I have. Characters in books seem to have almost magical lives. There are brave women who also get the handsome, smart knight to love them. I had thought about it a lot in the past. It is always appealing to wish for another life and yet when I think on my current like, I think I have a life I love as well and maybe being a character from a book would not be so easy,” Shyra said with a small shrug of her shoulders. It was appealing but at the end of the day, her life seemed to have taken a turn for the best since her coming to serve the princess.

@ARYA STARK
ARYA STARK
 direct link • Aug 04 2017, 07:57 pm
Princess of the North
Wolf Girl
THE NORTH
14 years

Shyra said that he was a Lannister nonetheless. "He's heir to nothing though. I'm sure that irked Sansa quite a bit too. She had a pretty high view of herself. Tyrion's bettered her I think. Well, Tyrion and everything else." Sansa had changed, Arya knew that well. Sansa was more mature, more grown. Arya was like that too she thought. It was harder to judge your own growth compared to others but really, Arya felt so much better about who she was now compared to who she had been when she had left Winterfell previously.

Shyra was a comforting and reassuring presence. Arya was glad to have her lady, her friend. Arya recognized she might be difficult to serve. Or perhaps she was easy to serve given she needed so little. It didn't really matter she supposed. Arya was glad to hear Shyra say that she thought that Arya was strong enough to change things. "Timing is difficult," Arya echoed quietly, laying her head back down on the sheets of her childhood bed. "It is a shame that the past is past though. I know there are a couple things I'd go back and undo. Well... I don't know. I think I've done everything I can. I just need to do more." More and more and more. Arya was strong enough, she thought so, Shyra thought so. She just needed to do it now.

Arya hmmed contentedly as Shyra finished recounting thoughts on the question Arya had asked. "Things are greener on the other side. That's a thing people say." Arya noted. "Is it weird then that I've only ever wanted to be myself? The best myself of course, the myself I want and not the myself other people have wanted." The Northern Princess was not princessy after all. "Even after all this shit, I feel like if I could be me then that would be all I needed."
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAG BOX

tag box rules
♦ Register/post with your OOC alias
♦ Mature, RF and Letter tags can be found in the "Smilies" Link
♦ Just paste your link, no need need for [url=]or []
♦ Any site-related post may be tagged here
♦ Character names for OCs can be colored by using [class=grouplowercase*][/class*] tags! Further assistance with classes and hashtags HERE, and for the generator HERE!

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine