A Call to Arms

most wanted canons

ATTENTION: ACTA is going Private and will henceforth be primarily character driven! This means we will no longer be doing outside recruitment/advertising (though we will not turn folks away if they stumble upon us). We also will have fewer admin-driven site events, and no activity requirements. Want more information? Check out the Announcement HERE!

Add Reply
New Poll

The Number Eight, Jaime; First Crone
OBERYN MARTELL
 direct link • May 09 2017, 07:37 pm
Prince of Dorne
The Red Viper
Sworn to House Martell
DORNE
43 years
Niki • she/her • 216 posts

Gwcz eqnm'a vmxpme eia axwbbml dqaqbqvo bpm Qzwv Jivs, ivl wcz qvnwzuivba ib bpm Zml Smmx bmtt ca bpib gwcz eqnm qa qv pqa kwuxivg. Q eqtt smmx gwc qvnwzuml ia uckp ia Q kiv zmoizlqvo epib bpm pqop kwczb qvbmvla bw lw eqbp bpqa vme qvnwzuibqwv, jcb bzmil tqopbtg.

Q pidm nczbpmz vmea, i lmtqkibm niuqtg uibbmz bpib gwc ucab smmx bw gwczamtn: Ugzkmtti pia qvnwzuml pmz uwbpmz ivl Q bpib apm qa eqbp kpqtl. Apm zmuiqva qv Pqopoizlmv.
-W

Your wife's nephew was spotted visiting the Iron Bank, and our informants at the Red Keep tell us that your wife is in his company. I will keep you informed as much as I can regarding what the high court intends to do with this new information, but tread lightly.

I have further news, a delicate family matter that you must keep to yourself: Myrcella has informed her mother and I that she is with child. She remains in Highgarden.
-O
JAIME LANNISTER
 direct link • May 14 2017, 08:13 pm
King of the Westerlands
the Young Lion
SWORN TO THE SEVEN KINGDOMS
THE WESTERLANDS
39 years
Ashley • she/her • 374 posts

Sitting at a desk in the quarters he’d been given at Deep Den, Jaime tossed another scrap of paper into the fire. Oberyn had insisted on some sort of coded nonsense and it was proving to do little but try his patience. When he’d first been brought the mess of jumbled letters that claimed to form a message, Jaime had thought to chuck it into the flames, assuming it to be nonsense. Thankfully he’d noticed the Martell seal and thought better of the action, remembering the discussion had with his good-brother moons ago. Deciphering the letter, however, had been proving beyond difficult. Remembering the code had been easy enough. Each letter was eight away from the letter it was taking the place of. Eight was easy enough for them both to remember - Myrcella’s birthday was the eighth moon of the yearly cycle. Their shared daughter - for she was that, much as he hated admitting it - had been the only one whose birth Jaime had been present for, and that particular visit had been the first during which he found respect for Oberyn Martell, though it was also the most immense jealousy he’d ever felt for the man.

The hours had been long, and he’d assisted Oberyn in passing the time, hardly nervous or excited over what was going on in Cersei’s chambers. He’d not been present for Joffrey’s birth, and what he’d known of the boy thus far was simply the attention of Cersei’s he took for himself. Oberyn had enough children to be wiser to what intense love one could feel for something so small. Having Myrcella in his arms for the first time had nearly brought tears to his eyes, and handing her back over to her “real” father had seemed an impossible feat at the time - one that never seemed to get easier. She was married now, and it was Oberyn who had walked her down the aisle of the sept to meet her husband, a Martell cloak about her shoulders. Jaime hadn’t even been present, a fact that never seemed to be far from his mind, even as he prepared for likely battle against his daughter’s good-father.

Shoving the thoughts aside, Jaime focused once more at the letters on the page. He’d been far more successful after switching up his method. Initially he’d worked letter by letter, word by word. He’d hardly finished a line before realizing it made no sense at all. Crumpling the page, he’d sat awhile longer simply staring at the letter, wishing Tyrion was there to aid him. It had taken a bit of thought, but eventually he took to writing out the alphabet before he continued deciphering. Having to count for each letter when he forgot what they stood for was simply to time consuming. As he wrote the new alphabet, Jaime spaced them out a bit more than one normally would on the parchment that was to serve as his key, hoping that would prevent the letters from jumping around a bit. Reading and writing was something he’d struggled with from an early age, his father dismissing his complaints that the letters switched places and forcing him to study harder, for longer hours. He’d caught on eventually, though it took a good bit more work than it did for most, and the coded message wasn’t helping matters any.

After over an hour of work he saw the letter as follows:

Your wife's npeehw was spotetd vistiing the Ionr Bank, and our infrmoants at the Red Keep tell us that your wife is in his copamny. I will keep you infrmoed as much as I can reagridng what the high court inetnds to do with this new inofrmation, but teard lghitly.

I have furhter news, a dlieacte family mtater that you must keep to yoruself: Mycerlla has inofrmed her mhoter and I that she is with child. She reamins in Hihggadren.
-O

It still looked rather a lot like gibberish, but at least he could understand what the words were supposed to say, the letters recognizable enough that even though he was reading them in the wrong place he knew which words contained those letters. Daenerys was in Braavos. Knowing her location meant that he could reach out to her at last, two months after he’d sent her away to safety. Jaime refused to allow himself to imagine what she might think of him now, instead focusing on what he wanted to say to her. But Oberyn would need a response first. Foregoing the nonsensical code, Jaime scrawled a quick note before moving on to pen a letter to Daenerys.

Thank you - and congratulations.
-J

My dearest Daenerys,

It pains me that I have been unable to write to you until now. I have lost count of how many letters I’ve penned only to discard for lack of knowing where to send them. Nothing I write seems to express the pain I felt in letting you go - I can only hope that one day you will understand why I felt I had to do so. Robert Baratheon cannot find you on his own, but if I’d joined you he would have had all the gold in Casterly Rock to aid him in his efforts. Such was not a fact I could have lived with, and I wanted to give you and Joanna a chance at hiding successfully. Remaining here allows me to seek out allies for your nephew - those who remain loyal to your house. If we’re to have any chance of replacing Jon on the throne it cannot be done solely with those allies sought abroad. I’ll do you more good here.

I’m unsure whether news of my father’s continued treachery has reached you. Following the sack of King’s Landing he forced me to wed my cousin Janei in order to prove his loyalty to the man he now calls High King. You have no reason to believe me, but I swear to you I have not consummated this sham of a marriage. She is not my wife, nor do I bear any love for her beyond what one would a member of their kin. I love you Daenerys, and I intend to spend the rest of my life atoning for any lies I’ve told or sins I’ve committed against you, however long or short that may be. If Mace Tyrell has his way I’d likely never see you or Joanna again, but that charred weed cannot keep me from my family. Every day I spend here is devoted to finding a way back to you.

Kiss Joanna every night from me - I’ve been a failure as a father for far too many years, I swear I intended to do better by her. I love you both more than any words scrawled on parchment could ever say. Promise me you’ll never forget that, no matter how long we are apart. You have my heart Daenerys - my whole heart - and you always will.

Jaime
APOLLYMI @ SHINE
DAENERYS TARGARYEN
 direct link • May 24 2017, 01:46 am
years
• • 0 posts

Jaime,

How did you find us to write to us? I admit, I craved to write to you a month or so ago, but refrained because of the danger- but if you know where we are then how many others do? Do I need to start looking over my shoulder for Robert’s assassins? Is our daughter safe?

I won’t pretend that I’m happy by this thought. Your place is by my side, as you promised that you would follow me. What allies could be wrought from Westeros are the same that have stood by us. You will not turn others to our cause. I appreciate you trying though, and I will accept that as some comfort- if not for the fact that I’ve heard you’ve been remarried. The news came to me from a new friend here in Braavos before you had the chance to tell me, and I admit, my words were not the most pleasant when I heard. I have taken to calling myself Targaryen again in the meantime. Your father would have had to annul our wedding to convince the Seven to wed you to your cousin, our daughter remains a Lannister however, if this brings you some peace and shows you that I still do hold you in my heart as my dearest love.

Joanna is too young to remember you if we are away too long, or you away from us too long. I will tell her many stories of you, and make sure she always knows who her father is, but, your place is with us. And not just for Joanna, my love. I thought to hold this note close to me and to surprise you, but I fear how you found us might mean that there are spies around that will find out soon enough and worry you. I am with child, Jaime.

What concerns me about your letter, after the fact of Robert potentially knowing where we are as well, is you said that you will spend the rest of your life atoning for any lies or sins you have committed against me. As far as I’m aware, there have been no lies, other than your promise to remain by my side that you broke but explained at the start of this letter. What lies have you told me Jaime?

Love,
Daenerys
APOLLYMI @ SHINE
JAIME LANNISTER
 direct link • May 24 2017, 09:23 pm
King of the Westerlands
the Young Lion
THE WESTERLANDS
39 years

My dearest Daenerys,

You are right to fear for your safety. I received word from Oberyn Martell through coded message, and the Dornish are the least likely to share your whereabouts. That said, he mentioned that he learned from his informants within the Red Keep. unfortunately I do not know what the Storm King has been told; I've long since left King's Landing and Father has clearly decided against keeping me abreast of new information. Be cautious, and lay as low as possible.

There were so many thoughts running through my head as I read your letter, but nothing else matters after reading that you are once more with child. You’re right, Daenerys. My place is by your side. Whatever my reasons for staying - they do not matter. There is nowhere in the world I would rather be than with you. No duty more important to me than keeping you and Joanna safe. The Reach seeks to invade the Westerlands for something I’ve done - as soon as I’ve ensured they’re no longer a threat I will join you. If nothing else I cannot jeopardize Myrcella’s safety while she remains at Highgarden wed to Mace’s heir.

As for the rest - I’m uncertain whether lies was the proper way to phrase such a thing. There are facts about my past that I should have told you on my own, rather than allowing my good-brother to be the one to do so. More that I should have shared regarding the matter. You have my heart, and you deserve to know everything. The full truth of it. But perhaps that is a matter better discussed in person. I swear to you though - when I came to you and said it was over I meant it. I have not known her since that moment, or even spoken to her face to face. Our only correspondence was her condolences for our loss, which I shared with you. Nor have I known any other woman but you since. If Janei was a made when she was forced upon me to wife she is still one now, and shall remain thus. Whatever means my father used to make this marriage right by the Seven means little to me. My heart knows no other but you. I love you, Daenerys. Stay safe, and may the mother watch over you and the babe you carry. I will be by your side again soon, I swear it.

Jaime
APOLLYMI @ SHINE
[/QUOTE]
DAENERYS TARGARYEN
 direct link • May 26 2017, 05:45 pm
years
• • 0 posts

Daenerys had expressed to her nephew that she wanted word from her husband. Upon discovering that she was pregnant there was nothing that she had wished for more. However, she had known that to risk a letter between them was too dangerous. If Jaime was writing to her, then her whereabouts were known. She was not safe. Jaime’s newest letter confirmed this, and for the longest time Daenerys had put his letter down to go to the window instead, staring out across the night. Was Robert on his way now? No, he would send his assassins- though she knew it would always be Robert’s face in the darkness that she imagined. Her own personal nightmare. She felt anger creeping up in her, taking hold. She had to calm herself, somehow, the rest of her husband’s letter to her she knew would be as upsetting.

When she felt as though she could handle the rest, she returned to his letter, reading the rest of it. He claimed that his place was by her side because she had told him of their child, and she frowned at that. While she wanted him by her side, desperately so, he still had a duty to his people. While she had not wanted them at first, much in the same way that she had not wanted Jaime at first, they were her people. She would someday be their Queen, or so, she had thought. Now… she supposed Janei would be.

And the rest…

Her lip curled in distaste at the way he wrote ‘lies’. She felt a sinking suspicion in her, and she realized that she did not trust her husband at this moment. The realization that he had been lying to her, it made her sick. She placed her hand on her stomach, trying to hold back the nausea. It still felt, even by his letter confession, that he was trying to keep the full truth from her, and that made it so much worse for herself in her mind. She wanted to scream at him, to demand just the truth, plain and simple. Unable to stop the torrent of her thoughts, she remembered how plainly and honestly Aydrian had spoken to her when she had demanded it of him. Though Aydrian was still almost a stranger, she was starting to feel more and more that he could not hide things from her, and… she almost wondered if she could trust him more than her own husband.

Surely not.

He claimed to give her the full truth, but that he wanted to do it in person. Her mind started to race with the worst things she could imagine, and again she felt sick. She glared, and she realized that she had little else to say to her husband. At least… not without saying something that could have permanently ruined them.

If he truly believed in their marriage, why would he have lied?

Jaime,

Your place is by my side, but, your place is also as the heir, the future King of the Westerlands. If your people need you, you must be with them. Those were once to be my people as well, and my heart aches to think about the danger they would be in without their Prince to lead them. I know ruling is not a role you wanted, my love, but, it is your responsibility. Those are still swords that we may have need of later, and it is our duty as rulers to remain to guide them and to lead. Of course, I can not stop you from doing what you want, but please, remember, those are your people.

As for the rest of your letter, you say that this is a conversation that is best for us to have in person, but yet my mind assumes the worst. I will not ask you to speak of it too much more for fear of if the letter is intercepted (though there are other dangers to be had for you if you are found to be writing to me in such a way) and so I will not write her name or say too much, but…

If you have known her since our wedding, you have lied to me.

If you have known her since love grew between us and was stated, you have betrayed me.

At this moment I can not say which is worst. I do not need a letter back from you as a response. I need time to consider this, and unfortunately, there is no peace that you can offer me through letter given the vague way we must speak and the distance. Despite this, I hope you stay safe and well Jaime, and make the right decisions. You are in my heart, even through my anger or hurt.

Love,
Daenerys
APOLLYMI @ SHINE

JAIME LANNISTER
 direct link • Jul 09 2017, 10:46 pm
King of the Westerlands
the Young Lion
THE WESTERLANDS
39 years

Sent Mid Second Crone, to be received End First Father.

Jaime had already made it to Lannisport by the time Dany’s next letter arrived. He had been held up on the road by his cousin Tyrek who had followed him from Deep Den with news about the Ironborn. It would seem their ships had been spotted off the coasts in the Reach, though no word of raids had reached them yet. He knew well enough to have learned weeks before that Willas Tyrell was captured in a previous raid, thus Jaime waved off the encounter. Likely just the pirate people seeking some sort of ransom, nothing to be of concern to them. When Dany’s letter arrived, he’d held onto it without replying, still having every intention of speaking with her in person upon arrival in Braavos. But before he could charter a ship the aging lion received word of raids on Fair Isle and the northern coasts of the Kingdom. Ironborn.

‘My heart aches to think about the danger they would be in without their Prince to lead them.’

He would do the right thing. Not leaving immediately to join the woman he loved was physically painful, but dammit he would stay and do what was honorable. Jaime had lost his love’s trust and respect, and it would take more than sailing across the world to win her back. But he could not leave her across the Narrow Sea without knowing she was well protected. That her nephew was with her, as well as Arthur and Ryon Dayne, meant little to him. Tyrek had followed him to Lannisport intending to accompany him, and Tyrek would go in his stead. If the letter did not have to be entrusted to ravens he could be honest - truly honest with her. And with his cousin by her side Jaime knew Daenerys would be safe, even if it wasn’t with him.

My Dearest Daenerys,

I am sending this letter with Tyrek so that I can speak openly knowing that it will not be intercepted. You are right. Although I wish for nothing more than to be by your side, to hold Joanna in my arms once more, my place is here. I’ve received news that the Ironborn are raiding our coasts, and much as I wish to join you I cannot leave our people defenseless. Not when our men in the south expect an attack from the Reach any day now.

I wish that I could tell you this in person, so nothing I can pen on paper will truly express the remorse I feel for my actions. I knew Cersei at Casterly after we wed. I thought I was sparing you the burden of my presence, and I was not yet ready to give up the woman I loved. But then I grew to know you and love you. To love Joanna and Tyron even as they grew in your belly. I swear to you on their lives and that of this new child - the only time I knew her after telling you of my love for you was to say goodbye. It was selfish, and I see that now. But after nearly forty years of loving her it was something I felt I needed in the moment.

I regret the pain that it has caused you more than anything in this life, but I swear to you - that which was intended to be an ending has remained thus, and will continue to. I said goodbye to Cersei so that I could devote myself fully to you, to our family, and no matter what decrees the High Septon makes regarding our marriage, it is you whom I will love til the end of my days. I cannot give away my heart again, for you have it always. I am undeserving of you or your forgiveness, but until my dying breath I will fight to be the man who deserves your love and trust once more. For now that means remaining here and protecting our kingdom as you bid.

Though I cannot be with you, I intend for Tyrek to remain with you until I am able to be at your side once more. Tyrek is the reason you were both able to escape King’s Landing, and I know that he will give his life to protect you, Joanna, and our unborn child. I love you Daenerys, and I miss you more than you can ever know.

All my heart,
Jaime
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAG BOX

tag box rules
♦ Register/post with your OOC alias
♦ Mature, RF and Letter tags can be found in the "Smilies" Link
♦ Just paste your link, no need need for [url=]or []
♦ Any site-related post may be tagged here
♦ Character names for OCs can be colored by using [class=grouplowercase*][/class*] tags! Further assistance with classes and hashtags HERE, and for the generator HERE!

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine