most wanted canons

Based on our stats and upcoming plots we are in need of characters in the IRON ISLANDS, the REACH and ESSOS.
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Featured Quote Submission, Submissions Requested
MANY-FACED GOD
 Posted: Oct 27 2016, 06:53 AM
Him of Many Faces
valar morghulis
God of Death
STAFF
deity years
admin • 173 posts • they/them

Randomized Quotes

We've added a new, fun feature that has been brought up in the past on several occasions; we have wonderful writers on ACTA and some great one-liners, beautiful descriptions, funny comebacks, etc. from so many characters, as well as fun quotes from our members regarding ACTA and our community - and how it would be great to recognize our writers and feature these quotes that will change upon each refresh on the site.

And now we're pleased to announce that this feature is currently in its beta-testing phase! This means that we need to begin to compile a list of quotes to feature so that I [Niki] can continue to test and adjust the code as necessary to suit our needs.

While this MAY change upon further testing [though unlikely], this is the current format we'd like to receive submissions:

Quotation[X] = "Quote here, of reasonable length. •Firstname Lastname, concise context [OPTIONAL]";

Cite: thread source

Leave the [X] - this is for staff use only, a variable determine based on code.

Reasonable length - part of this beta-testing phase will determine what "reasonable" truly means; for now, let's assume that 'reasonable length' means no full paragraphs.

Concise context - sometimes some context may be necessary to fully appreciate and understand the quote. However, this isn't always necessary and may be omitted.

Cite - at this point, the chosen code won't include a link to the thread source itself. HOWEVER, we'd like to maintain a database that DOES include a link to its source. Also note that this may not be applicable - if you're quoting a member instead of a character, for example, simply omit this.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to give recognition to your fellow writers - and don't ever be too shy to submit a quote that you wrote! Highlight other writers, but also recognize and show appreciation of your favorite snippets from your own writing.

Here is the code for your convenience:
CODE
Quotation[X] = "Insert quote here of reasonable length. •First Last, context if applicable";
Cite: [url=HERE] Thread Source [/url]

Niki's contribution:

Quotation[X] = "He’d had many embroideries and cushions with red snakes on them made and sent to her – bordered with Myrish lace, of course, Mace was not a bloody cheapskate - but the message there might have been too subtle. •Mace Tyrell, on Myrcella's gift";

Cite: Thread Source

[/center]
PM
^
SANSA LANNISTER
 Posted: Oct 27 2016, 07:00 AM
Princess of the Westerlands
Little Bird
Sworn to House Lannister
THE WESTERLANDS
17 years
Lena • 179 posts • She/Her

CODE
Quotation[X] = “I can’t imagine how you’re feeling right now… but I swear… if you give us a chance to properly… [i]seduce[/i] you, we will make your life here in the Westerlands fun.” •Cason Swyft, said upon meeting Sansa, at her wedding to Tyrion";
Cite: [URL=http://acta.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=3866&view=findpost&p=13728] Thread Source [/URL]
PMEmail
^
RIKUVA
 Posted: Oct 27 2016, 07:07 AM
Riku
House Admin
STAFF
19 years
Rikuva • 174 posts • She/Her

Real ones later but lmao let's put this there
CODE

Quotation[X] = "Don't massacre in front of the girl you want to slay puss with. •Green";
Cite: CBox
PMEmail
^
NIKI
 Posted: Oct 27 2016, 12:30 PM
Staff
Orange
ACTA
STAFF
27 years
Niki • 207 posts • she

New plan - no need to rotate, just gonna keep it like this

user posted image

Another from my fave fat man:
CODE

Quotation[X] = "Robert had picked up a large chunk of metal and beaten someone to death with it, so what? Cooks strangled geese in his kitchens every day and no one wrote songs about them. •Mace Tyrell";
Cite: [URL=http://acta.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=3749&view=findpost&p=13642]Thread Source [/URL]

Another one

CODE
Quotation[X] = "The High King was dead. No. the High King was on Dragonstone, sulking. That was going to take some getting used to. •Jaime Lannister, upon Rhaegar's death";
Cite: [URL=http://acta.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=3630&view=findpost&p=12405]Thread Source [/URL]

Quotation[X] = ”Much as it would please me to shove this blade down your throat, I’m certain you’ve done enough sword swallowing for one afternoon.  •Jaime Lannister, being rude to Edric”;
Cite: [URL=http://acta.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=2653&st=0&#entry8860]Thread Source [/URL]

Quotation[X] = ”Jaime’s mind was reeling – a rare occurrence, to be true.   •Jaime Lannister”;
Cite: [URL=http://acta.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=3141&st=0&#entry10446]Thread Source [/URL]

Quotation[X] = "\"I'm sure you would love a chance at my back, but I don't turn heel on your command.\" •Edric Dayne, rebuttal to Jaime for his crude joke";
Cite: [URL=http://acta.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=2653&view=findpost&p=8871] Source[/url]
PM
^
RIKUVA
 Posted: Oct 27 2016, 08:39 PM
Riku
House Admin
STAFF
19 years
Rikuva • 174 posts • She/Her

Quotation[X] = "Sansa found her resolve again and stared with cold disapproval at her brother. “I’ll say goodbye to those who deserve it.” •Sansa Lannister, spitting straight savage fire";

Quotation[X] = "Jasper offered a look of disgust, shaking his head once more. ”No matter. I will do what you did not – because unlike you, I have honor.” •Jasper Arryn, before being incredible dishonorable";

Quotation[X] = "He didn’t want to lose another friend. No, it was more then that, he didn’t want to lose her. •Gendry Storm, to Arya before kissing her";

Quotation[X] = "“No, because…,” he began, trailing off as he struggled to find the words to make this all make sense. Willas was uncertain that anything he said could get through to Myrcella, to adequately express what he was trying to say, “Nothing is worth you being hurt.” •Willas Tyrell, attempting to dig himself out of his cheating hole";

Quotation[X] = "Home is where your family is - people who care for you. You've made it quite clear that isn't Riverrun any longer. Perhaps it never was.  •Allyria Tully, in one of her last letters to Edmure";

forgive the lack of funnies, figured our rotation should have some kind of seriousness

also that willas one is prob long enough to test the limits of reasonable length lol
PMEmail
^
QHADAJIEDYS XERR DAXAN
 Posted: Oct 30 2016, 02:02 PM
QHADAJIEDYS XERR DAXAN
years
• N/A posts •
N/A

Quotation[X] = ""My lady, if you were looking to offer thanks, I recommend you pay some to her. Qhadaj is our Mistress of Whispers, and truly she was integral to this wedding." He said formally, then looked directly at Qhadaj. "And if I recall correctly, she had been looking for some form of gratitude." •Stannis Baratheon, to Margaery";
Cite: Rose Rose Rose Red

-or the moment I realized just how well Rikuva is at playing Stannis-

Quotation[X] = ""And what tower would you like us to build, my lord?" she asked. "Must there be only one?" he countered, equally ambiguous. •Baelor Hightower, to Qhadaj";
Cite: Afternoon Tea

-or the very start of our ship-

Quotation[X] = "Laughter of wraiths in simpler times brought a twitched of a pained smile to his weary face in the waking world, his memories culminating in the fantastic and the false for a time when a wolf-bred girl might have lingered by his side. Her long raven hair skirting the neck of her dress as she drew back a bow and turned the arrow on Robert, the head of it straight at his heart.
. •Robert Baratheon's nightmare";
Cite: Arbor Gold

-or BEAUTIFUL-

Quotation[X] = " Stannis looked down to the letter on his desk, confirming the betrothal. He wanted to rip it up, toss the shreds in the trash. Hug Shireen, run away with her.
But Stannis was a dutiful man.
He could never do something so careless.. •Stannis Baratheon";
Cite: So close and yet so far

Quotation[X] = "Do not sacrifice yourself for the distant dream of what you might be.. •Baelor Hightower";
Cite: Bleeding Tea

Quotation[X] = "In less than two steps, he had slung aside whatever measure of the golden drought and reached instead for the tender pallor of her throat. In his grip, tightening, he felt her pulse writhe and kick against the worsening push of a hand more wicked than ought to be his own.. •Robert Baratheon";
Cite: Arbor Gold

Quotation[X] = " ”The smallfolk can be made to believe what they need to believe. We have the ability to present such information in a way that is most palatable to them. Rather than speaking of children just like theirs we must remind them of the dragons that have been hatched and the havoc they have the ability to wreak on their homes. . •Margaery Baratheon";
Cite: The Waiting Pain
^
ASHLEY
 Posted: Oct 30 2016, 03:48 PM
ACTA STAFF
EST
CO-ADMIN
STAFF
28 years
ASHLEY • 1695 posts • she/her

Quotation[X] = "BRING HER HOME OR I WILL MOUNT YOUR LEGS TO YOUR FUCKING HEAD SO YOU'll FIT IN WITH YOUR SISTER'S MOST RECENT HUSBAND. •Oberyn Martell threatening to mow down the Rech";
Cite: Only Smoke is Left (raven)
PM
^
ASHARA DAYNE
 Posted: Oct 31 2016, 12:42 AM
Queen of the FUCKING VALE
n/a
Sworn to the Seven Kingdoms
DEAD
35 years
Laurysa • 312 posts • she/her

Quotation[X] = "Even babes that die in their birth mean something to their parents. to say that they... we, just vanish, seems foolish. i don't know if we necessarily go somewhere. really, i think we stay right where we belong, here with the people we mattered to.. •Ryon to Ashara, answering Ashara's questions about life after death ";
PM
^
ASHARA DAYNE
 Posted: Nov 3 2016, 03:03 AM
n/a
DEAD
35 years

Quotation[X] = “But Ryon would not be deterred. He'd just said a line that he thought quite lovely and inspiring if he were being honest, and it deserved a beautiful smile from a beautiful woman.” • Young Ryon, trying to get a smile from young Ashara";

PM
^
ASHARA DAYNE
 Posted: Nov 4 2016, 01:06 AM
n/a
DEAD
35 years

Quotation[X] = “A part of Myrcella’s mind questioned if it was chosen to make Willas want her the way he had Arianne and she bit her cheek so hard she tasted metal at the thought. Already, the day was causing her pain.” • Myrcella, contemplating her wedding dress";
PM
^
GENDRY STORM
 Posted: Nov 4 2016, 12:54 PM
Blacksmith
Bastard
Sworn to House Baratheon
THE STORMLANDS
19 years
Green • 372 posts • She/ her

Quotation[X] = "Ashara’s grip on his arm lessened, and at last, her chest finally ceased to rise and fall. As the sun rose, so too did the star of the Vale fall.";
Cite: Laurysa (Ashara) breaking Riku's/Ryon's heart
PMEmail
^
ASHARA DAYNE
 Posted: Nov 15 2016, 11:02 PM
n/a
DEAD
35 years

Quotation[X] = "Everything's been done with a penis at least once." •Riku";
Cite: Cbox
PM
^
ASHLEY
 Posted: Nov 29 2016, 12:10 AM
ACTA STAFF
EST
CO-ADMIN
STAFF
28 years
ASHLEY • 1695 posts • she/her

Quotation[X] = "Perwyn was intelligent, a quality that was odd in a Frey, but much appreciated."; Edmure Tully
Cite: COLD SKIES, KEEN PERILS

Quotation[X] = " Considering King Edmure’s marriage would not have survive the attentions of a stiff wind it was understandable the man had redistributed his affection towards his children"; Perwyn Frey on Edmure and Allyria's perfect marriage
Cite: COLD SKIES, KEEN PERILS
PM
^
ASHARA DAYNE
 Posted: Dec 12 2016, 06:56 PM
n/a
DEAD
35 years

Quotation[X] = "If she could love horses so much despite their mercurial nature, there was hope for him yet." •Young Robert Baratheon, thinking about Lyanna Stark's affection for horses";
PM
^
ASHARA DAYNE
 Posted: Dec 12 2016, 08:47 PM
n/a
DEAD
35 years

Quotation[X] = ""Handsome's a word," do it ryon, do it you smooth son of a bitch. he glanced away from the ocean and looked towards ashara, a smile illuminating his face. "beautiful's another." niceeee. or dumb. who could tell." • Ryon Dayne, being the smoothest son of a bitch";
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

TAG BOX

TAG BOX RULES
O Register/post with your OOC alias
O Mature, RF and Letter tags can be found in the "Smilies" Link
O Just paste your link, no need need for [url=]or []
O Any site-related post may be tagged here
O Character names for OCs can be colored by using [class=grouplowercase*][/class*] tags! Further assistance with classes and hashtags here, and for the generator here!

AFFILIATES

Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D Candyland Couture
Swords of Speirling War Is Brewing Once Upon a Nightmare
Warden's Vigil: A Dragon Age Roleplaying Community The Arrow fugue state Maelstrom Into The Abyss The Hobbit Roleplay THE POWER OF TWO
ACTA ACTA ACTA ACTA ACTA ACTA ACTA ACTA ACTA
OHaV Code 8
skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine