A Call to Arms

most wanted canons

ATTENTION: ACTA is going Private and will henceforth be primarily character driven! This means we will no longer be doing outside recruitment/advertising (though we will not turn folks away if they stumble upon us). We also will have fewer admin-driven site events, and no activity requirements. Want more information? Check out the Announcement HERE!

Add Reply
New Poll

seeing red, mace | second smith
LEONETTE TYRELL
 direct link • Jun 03 2017, 06:26 pm
princess
the apple princess
sworn to the seven kingdoms
THE REACH
24 years
athena • she/her • 46 posts

The pain had been within her chest since she had received the news of her husband’s death. She had tried spending time with others in an attempt to get rid of the pain, but nothing had truly helped. She could dull it for awhile, but it would always return, especially when she laid down in their bed at night and could smell him around her but knew she would never sleep in his arms ever again. Every day was a struggle and though there were thoughts in her of how appropriate it would be for her life to end with Garlan’s, there was one thought that kept her going and it was the one thought she knew Garlan would not wish for her to have.

She thought of the death of Jaime Lannister. And not simply the death, but the horrible, bloody murder of the man who had taken the kindest soul from this Earth and for no reason. The Lannisters and Tyrells were allies by then and she was sure Jaime would have known it. That he faced no consequences for killing her gallant rose was disgusting and she wanted him to pay. She knew he had suffered the loss of a child already, but part of her wished for him to suffer the loss of his other child and his wife. Then maybe he could taste the bitterness in her heart. She would be happy enough knowing he had a painful death, but these were all thoughts she knew she was unlikely to watch come to fruition, but they comforted her nonetheless.

Her goodfather had recently arrived back at Highgarden and Leonette wanted to discuss such thoughts with him, to know what he was planning to do exactly to exact their revenge on Jaime Fucking Lannister, because there was no doubt in her head that Mace wanted to destroy him for taking his son from him. The letter from her goodfather had more or less told her as much in the letter he had penned her, and it was also the letter that reassured her that she and Mace would be able to continue the good relationship they had despite her husband’s death. Besides, in her mind she was firm in her resolve that she would never marry another, even if she would die widowed and childless.

She requested an audience with Mace and as the guards allowed her entrance she gave a small curtsy to him, deciding it would be best to be courteous at the moment. “I am glad to see you safe and back at Highgarden, Goodfather,” she smiled at him, truly glad that he was back, that he had survived the dragon attack. She had lost her husband, but it was still comforting to see as much of her family left as possible. “Are you feeling better? It looks as though you are getting better, which is good, the Reach needs its king to be strong if we are to rebuild after this war,” she said with a small smile. She was bursting to ask him how they would seek revenge on Jaime Lannister but she told herself it was best to ease into the topic, to not dispense with formalities just yet.
MACE TYRELL
 direct link • Jun 12 2017, 11:05 pm
King of the Reach
The KING OF CUPS
SWORN TO THE SEVEN KINGDOMS
THE REACH
50 years
Tris • he/him • 116 posts

The first bottle was empty and the second was hallway there. Mace had managed to hold off until Garlan had been in the ground, as he’d sworn to himself. Even through the shaking hands, the headaches and the dark moods. Now he could scratch the itch again, but another pit had opened up before him. The king knew himself well enough that he was aware he might drink himself into the grave, if he wasn’t careful. It would take more than most to get him in the cold ground, but no ruler of the Reach had ever run out of wine. Leaning back in his seat, the curly-haired man closed his eyes. The cup was not far from his hand.

Leonette was to come soon, he remembered. She’d asked for an audience, of all things, as if one of his own would ever need to go through his steward to come into his parlour. He’d have to remind her of that, he thought. He’d meant every word he’d written in that letter: she would be a Tyrell until she died or desired otherwise. Mace did not have so many children left he could start casting some of them off for something as paltry as having come into his family by marriage instead of birth. There was more to being a Tyrell than blood. How much time passed before Leonette actually came, he wasn’t sure.

It was dark out and the second bottle was mostly empty, but sadly he felt soberer than earlier. No matter. There would always be more wine. The door opened after she was announced by the guards, and to the king’s mild horror she curtsied.

“I am glad to see you safe and back at Highgarden, Goodfather.”

Pushing back the chair, Mace rose to his feet.

“Are you feeling better? It looks as though you are getting better, which is good, the Reach needs its king to be strong if we are to rebuild after this war.”

The King of the Reach watched his goodaughter, the slightly forced smile she wore and the deep-set eyes of someone who had not gotten as much sleep as they should. Carefully, he limped across the room and wrapped Leonette into his arms, the way he’d used to with Margaery when she was still but a girl and not too proud to let him.

“Oh, child,” he whispered, patting her back. “You don’t have to keep on a strong face for me. Not now, not ever. I’m falling apart at the seams too, and it’s a much uglier spectacle.”

He withdrew after a long moment.

“Come,” he said. “Sit with me. Have some wine, if you feel like it. My body’s already half a carcass, there’s no fixing it so let us put that matter aside. Tell me how I can help you. Anything.”
LEONETTE TYRELL
 direct link • Jun 16 2017, 07:41 pm
princess
the apple princess
THE REACH
24 years

Leonette watched as her goodfather limped toward her, realizing how much bad was truly in the world. He had been burnt for another man’s decisions, and Garlan had been killed for no reason at all. It made little sense to her why the Tyrells were suffering so much for this war but they were. She felt Mace’s arms around her and she let herself relax into the hug slightly, glad to be embraced by someone at the moment. She longed for her husband’s embrace, but she knew that would never come from him again. She did not need anything from him except for him to hold her one more time, but she would never experience that and the anger of that was what was carrying her through now.

“Sadly the strong face is not just for you. If I allow myself to start to break I fear I might crumble completely and never come back from it,” she admitted softly to her goodfather. She felt safe enough with him to let him know exactly how affected she was by her husband’s death. She had been depressed since his death and as long as she continued on, the depression didn’t feel so debilitating as it did when she stopped altogether. She had to continue on or she would break completely, she could feel that much in her bones.

She nodded her head slightly as he spoke again, following him to sit and accepting his offer of wine. She could almost see why her goodfather enjoyed the bottle so much. There was something nice to the tingling the wine brought on, and it was something that reminded her she could indeed still feel something other than her aching heart. It may have been dangerous and she may have been headed down a slippery slope, but she had found herself enjoying wine much more now as well. She took a long sip from her glass once the wine was poured before she looked back to Mace, deciding she would answer what she wanted.

“Truly I did hope to check on you, Goodfather. Your health means a great deal to me, even if you believe you might be half dead,” she said with a small smile, teasing him slightly in a morbid way that almost felt comfortable at the moment. She took another sip from her wine before finding the inner courage to ask him the meat of why she was there, the thought that constantly plagued her mind no matter what else she wished to think of. "I was also curious what you might have been thinking or planning in terms of…avenging my husband. I know he would hate that I have even spoken such words, but thoughts of Jaime Lannister’s blood haunt my thoughts,” she said as she looked to Mace, wondering what was going through his head about it all. She absolutely refused to believe he would not want revenge and so she wanted to know what her goodfather might be planning, and if she could be of any assistance to him.
MACE TYRELL
 direct link • Jun 26 2017, 04:58 pm
King of the Reach
The KING OF CUPS
THE REACH
50 years

“Sadly the strong face is not just for you. If I allow myself to start to break I fear I might crumble completely and never come back from it.”

“I had days like those too, on the way to King’s Landing,” Mace replied quietly. "But the hole he left, rage has filled for now. There will be time enough to fall apart when this account is settled in full.”

The king’s voice had turned cold, for a moment, but he forced himself to gentle his temper. Of all the people of the Reach, Leonette was the one least deserving of being touched by his wrath – save perhaps for Alerie, who had lost as much of a son as he had. It was a relief to get back to the table, as while wine might have dulled the pain he got from his sad remnant of a leg tiredness made the ache more than skin-deep. He’d never been the most agile of men, and the combination of drink and wound made him as much a cripple as Willas had ever been. Why his heir had not turned to wine, after the fucking Red Viper had crippled him, he would never understand. It might the intolerable slightly less so.

The two of them made themselves comfortable, and under his approving eye Leonette began working on her cup. Hopefully she wasn’t the kind of woman who cried when she drank. Mace had never been good with weeping – he’d always folded like Riverlander the moment Margaery turned teary eyes on him, when she’d been a girl. He suspected not all of those bitter tears had been entirely true, but as he’d been unable to tell the difference this suspicion had changed absolutely nothing. It had been easier with the boys. He’d only had to look disappointed and they always took it to heart harder than a spanking. Mace was good at looking disappointed: he only had to imitate the face Mother had turned on him for several decades.

“Truly I did hope to check on you, Goodfather. Your health means a great deal to me, even if you believe you might be half dead.”

“At least I’ve a reason for the drink, now,” he replied amusedly. “A silver lining if there ever was one.”

"I was also curious what you might have been thinking or planning in terms of…avenging my husband. I know he would hate that I have even spoken such words, but thoughts of Jaime Lannister’s blood haunt my thoughts.”

Mace slowly drained his cup then dropped it on the table to the sound of clinking metal.

Planning,” he repeated, mulling over the word. “That has never been a strength of mine, daughter. Men like Tywin and Doran have a way with schemes, but me? I’ve always preferred the blunt.”

Mace Tyrell was not, most would agree, an intimidating man. Tall and broad-shouldered, he was, with a trace of the muscle of his youth, but he’d never had the callouses of a warrior or the commanding glare of one born to be king. He drank too much, lacked elegance. Couldn’t manage the threatening murmurs Tywin had once turned on him, at the Sept of Baelor. The King of the Reach was more prone to jest and feasting than stern command, and though not above the occasional boast lacked the domineering arrogance of lords of older houses. In that moment, though, in the quiet candlelight of a room deep inside Highgarden, something cold and ruthless and without even the slightest pretence of morality glinted in his eyes.

“I am going to break them for it, Leonette,” he said, tone perfectly pleasant. “The entire filthy tribe. I’ll strike deals with the monsters in the Isles, to see it done. Burn one castle after another and send the highborn to the block until shame of it forces them to crawl out of their hole in the Rock – and then to the gallows they go, every one I get my hands on.”

LEONETTE TYRELL
 direct link • Jul 06 2017, 06:56 pm
princess
the apple princess
THE REACH
24 years

Leonette simply nodded as her good father spoke. He was right of course. Being strong kept her going to an extent, but the rage that sustained the fire inside her was what was truly keeping her going through every moment now. And she would be free to fall apart once her dearest Garlan had been avenged. She could wither and break then because that point it would matter no longer if she was keeping on as normal. She could crumble and break and disappear once the man who killed her beloved had paid for it.

She was indulging in wine, slowly learning why her good father seemed so dependent on it. She had never needed something to distract her from the pain of this world for she had always had Garlan for that. Now though she had him no longer nor the hope of having a beautiful family with him. She wanted to drown her pain and leave it all behind, but at the same time she wished to plot and scheme for ways to kill Jaime Lannister and she needed to be sober for that. And so she found herself in an odd place of wishing to get lost in drink but also wishing to abstain. For the evening she decided she would indulge herself in drink with her good father, taking another long sip from the goblet.

He spoke of having reason for drink and she raised her glass to him, giving a mock toast for a moment before she took another swig of her wine. Garlan would hate what his death was doing to his family, but that was the funny thing about it all. Garlan wasn’t here to calm everyone and soothe them. He brought out the best in everyone, herself included, and he was no longer around to do so.

“Planning may not be your strong suit, but it has always been mine. And I would be lying if I claimed to not have planned my husband’s murderer’s death multiple times over,” Leonette stated with a small smirk. She was a woman of the Reach and she schemed like one. Garlan had not liked that Leonette had been playing games originally and she had never played with him since. She had with some of the people at court, but never too much, always wanting to be herself for Garlan. Without Garlan though there was no point in being that way. Now she was able to scheme and plot to her heart’s content, though it meant little without what her heart truly desired.

Her eyes looked to Mace as he spoke of breaking everything, seeing those who had killed Garlan pay for the crimes they had committed and then some. She saw the glint in his eye that betrayed the ruthlessness that had come to her good father and she recognized it as the same ruthlessness that had taken hold of her heart at current. “I hope you know, good father, that I wish to help you in whatever way I can as you break them. I wish to see nothing more than the scene you have described and to see the Rock crushed totally and completely, especially their prince, the filth that he is,” Leonette half snarled as she spoke. She would do anything to help her good father break the West. She wished to see nothing more, in truth, and she would die to accomplish that end, that much she knew. She just wished for Mace to know how much she would give to see it all happen.
MACE TYRELL
 direct link • Jul 17 2017, 02:19 pm
King of the Reach
The KING OF CUPS
THE REACH
50 years

When Mace had been young he’d heard a lecture by a septon on the nature of the Seven. The man had preached that all of them were necessary, and should be worshipped equally: should a single deity turn away from the world, calamity would ensue. In the years that followed, the king had come to think of House Tyrell as an entity of similar nature. His four children had each come to serve as a thread in a greater tapestry, as they grew. Willas would be crowned, one day, and his steady hand had become a pillar of the ruling line of the Reach. Loras had taken to the sword like his father had taken to wine and gilded a family name in dire need of martial glory. Margaery… Margaery had more of Mother in her than any of his other children, even if Willas was the one who boasted the princedom of thorns. She had Mace’s ambition, but tempered by Olenna Tyrell’s sharp cunning.

Garlan had not been as skilled with the sword as Loras, a fit for ruling as Willas or as apt to intrigue as Mace’s only daughter by blood. He’d been a capable boy, true, but what had set him apart from the others was that Garlan Tyrell had been a fundamentally decent man. Where he’d gotten that from, the king was not sure. His mother, perhaps. When his middle son had been around, the rest of them had been… better. Willas less arrogant, Loras less reckless, Margaery less covetous. And the king himself had grown to rely on Garlan so naturally he’d not noticed how much he actually did until his son was dead and gone. And now it was all falling apart, wasn’t it? Like a tower without mortar. Margaery had chosen Baratheon yellow of Tyrell green, Willas had blundered his way into a reaver’s hold out of pride and Loras had no one to tell him who to swing his sword at.

And Mace was sitting in a room with a woman he shared grief with most of all, wondering if pursuing death at the bottom of a bottle might not be the best thing he could offer the Reach. But no. Not yet. There were still scales to balance before he could even consider the thought.

“Planning may not be your strong suit, but it has always been mine. And I would be lying if I claimed to not have planned my husband’s murderer’s death multiple times over.”

“He’d holed up in the Westerlands, last I heard,” Mace coldly said. “We’ll have to crack open that nut before getting at the turncloak. That means breaking their hosts on the field.”

“I hope you know, good father, that I wish to help you in whatever way I can as you break them. I wish to see nothing more than the scene you have described and to see the Rock crushed totally and completely, especially their prince, the filth that he is.”

“Our alliances have not held,” the King of the Reach grunted unhappily. “Robert was happy enough to use my soldiers to gain himself a throne, but now the best he has to offer me is looking aside. All Willas’ wife got me from that bearded snake in Dorne is a truce, no spears on the march. Edmure Tully’s licking his wounds in Riverrun – I suppose I should count my blessings the fool won’t be getting in the way.”

Mace drank deep from his cup.

“I will not gamble my revenge on Randyll Tarly outsmarting the Old Lion,” he said. “There’s blood in the water, in the Westerlands. It is time, daughter, for us to speak with that nest of pirates in Pyke. The very same that took Willas.”
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAG BOX

tag box rules
♦ Register/post with your OOC alias
♦ Mature, RF and Letter tags can be found in the "Smilies" Link
♦ Just paste your link, no need need for [url=]or []
♦ Any site-related post may be tagged here
♦ Character names for OCs can be colored by using [class=grouplowercase*][/class*] tags! Further assistance with classes and hashtags HERE, and for the generator HERE!

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine