A Call to Arms

most wanted canons

ATTENTION: ACTA is going Private and will henceforth be primarily character driven! This means we will no longer be doing outside recruitment/advertising (though we will not turn folks away if they stumble upon us). We also will have fewer admin-driven site events, and no activity requirements. Want more information? Check out the Announcement HERE!
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

memories like voices that call on the wind, myls | 1c
LAVINIA HEWETT
 direct link • May 23 2017, 08:52 pm
Lady Hewett
Mother to All
Sworn to House Tyrell
THE IRON ISLANDS
20 years
Natalie • She • 81 posts

Her now home was foreign and unfamiliar, but not entirely. She had certainly never been here before, never been to a land quite like this one, but there was a bite to the air that did not unsettle her as it might have other women from the reach. She had been a proud resident of the Shield Islands, the land from which he stole her, and they were wind-whipped with the briney air from the sea. That was true here, too, in the Iron Islands. Which island she was in on particular she did not know; it did not feel especially relevant at this point, for all of it seemed mired in more of the same.

She had not grown used to her life, not yet, and he kept her in a constant state of pain and fear. There had been a few softer and more tender moments, ones that she had grown attached to. Those fleeting moments when he allowed her to sleep in his bed, when he was asleep and she sometimes just looked upon his face. Those moments generally came after periods of great pain or force, but all the same she found some comfort there. It was how she had always lived, finding softness in even the hardest of places, and she was pleased to find that this instinct did not leave her now.

But she wanted to hate him. She did hate him, most of the time, and hated everything he stood for. Hated that he had taken her life from her, her family. Hated that he took pleasure in her pain. But those little tokens of gentleness always pushed at something inside of her, and she found herself hating herself more than she hated him. How could she feel anything but hatred for someone who treated her so poorly? And yet she did, to her chagrin, embarrassment and confusion.

Taking care of his house was something that she had taken some pride in, throwing herself into that work as best she could, when she wasnt forced to limping or tied for his pleasure. Today she had pushed her way into a small room, a room full of objects that registered to her but at the same time did not. She had always seen these people as savages, but to see what she had in that room made her all the more convinced that there was more humanity to these people than she had been brought up to know.

A bassinet, which looked more or less unused and full of dust, was the first thing that caught her attention. She knew that he had a wife, a wife whom he loved, and a wife whom he had bought plenty of pretty things for. He had never said anything of a child, nor had she seen any evidence of one in his house, to now. Her heart ached gently for him as she realized what he had lost; children were one of the purest joys in this world, the love one bore for them more innocent and ethereal than any romantic love could ever be. To lose a child was the most singular pain in the world, and Lavinia found her hands moving to the side of that little cradle, fingertips sifting the dust off the top.

MYLS SALTCLIFFE
 direct link • May 23 2017, 09:08 pm
fleet captain
black snake
sworn to house greyjoy
THE IRON ISLANDS
36 years
courtney • she/her • 79 posts

but i walk through the pouring rain
the man came from the shipyard, storming into his house. not as angry as usual, nor as drunk. a few drinks with his sailors, and he was set. he wanted to get home. to what, though? what was left for him there? no rock wife, no child. but there was the pretty red head girl that myls took pleasure in abusing. but it was usually in a fit of drunken rage, as was his state the majority of the time. she had learned to keep the house well, keeping it warm and as clean as possible. it was pleasant, really. and he had taken to thanking her by a few tender moments of letting her sleep next to him, or in her own room and letting himself leave her alone for a night. he bought her things to keep her warm, comfortable when he wasn't around. she wasn't a concubine, nor a servant. but she still didn't have the liberties that his actual wife would have had. she knew her place, and knew her duties. and myls made sure that she didn't forget, no matter how "kind" he was being to her at various moments. a small compliment, a pat on the hand, or maybe a gentle kiss to the cheek if he didn't catch himself in time.

but lavinia was nowhere to be seen as he entered his home, heavy boots making noise as he walked across the entrance and through the house. he called her name out once, then again a few moments later as he made his way to the back of the house. he heard rustling in one of the closed off rooms and he stopped beside the opened door. he had given her liberties, but had never gave her permission to go through his things, locked away from anyone's view including his own. relics from his happy life, with siria and in planning for his child. "who told you to come in here?" he asked, his voice low and dark. menacing, as he took a step into the darkened room and laid a hand heavy on a wooden trunk standing on it's side. his head tipped to the side as he looked over her, eyes following her arm to what she had been inspecting. his heart almost stopped, seeing the carved wood of the cradle his son would have slept in if the drowned god hadn't taken him and siria away. his eyes moved back to the woman before him, his jaw taught as he tried to hold back the sudden rage filling him. this place wan't for her. this was siria's things. he had given her the bed dress, but only because siria had never worn it. "i do not believe it was i."

BY MITZI
LAVINIA HEWETT
 direct link • May 23 2017, 09:23 pm
Lady Hewett
Mother to All
Sworn to House Tyrell
THE IRON ISLANDS
20 years
Natalie • She • 81 posts

Lavinia was deep enough into his house that she did not hear him calling for her. If she had, she likely would have moved, though where to? She had tidied most everything else, had made his bed and prepared for his homecoming, warm woolen socks laid out to replace what she imagined to be damp and cold ones. She had ensured the fires were well stoked, and that his chambers were clean and inviting. She had even brought flowers in from outdoors, pretty little purple and white things that were hearty against salt and chill. It looked almost cozy, almost happy, if one did not know what happened so often between these walls.

HIs voice startled her, though his footsteps had registered on some lower level of consciousness that did not quite make it to the surface. "My lord," she bleated in surprise, out of habit. He was asking her a question, she realized almost too late, and she released the bassinet quickly, her hands swiping her sides to releive them of dust.

"No...no one, lord," she said nervously, her eyes searching his own with fear. "I was looking for a vase," she fumbled, "I brought in flowers." His jaw was tightly wound and she shivered, taking a step away from the baby's belongings. The rest she had hardly taken stock of, but now she was left to wonder. Her eyes darted fitfully around the room, rife with fear and a sudden sense of dread, foreboding.

"I'm sorry," she said, making herself small as she pressed up against the wall. "it was not my intention to pry, I only wanted..." what had she wanted? A vase, sure, but also to know her master better. The things he kept were of paramount interest to her, and she licked her lips fretfully as she tried to assess just how angry he was with her, and just how much he intended to hurt her for her transgression.

Her eyes darted to the bassinet once more, nd she did not know if she should apologize again. Her default was for kindness, though, and he was now her husband, was he not? Was that not what they all said? She was no rock wife -- she had learned that distinction by now. But she was still a wife in name, and she sometimes passed nights with him in his own bed. If that did not make her a wife, then what?

Reaching out gently for his hand, Lavinia tried to offer her services in the only way she knew how: by trying to bring him comfort. "Please, Myls," she said, "I didn't mean any harm." Fingers graced softly over the flesh of his hands, and she pursed her lips as she looked upon him. "I'm sorry," she said again, "For mine own transgression, and for what I found. There is no sharper pain than that of losing a child..." she did not know for herself, but her mother had lost their youngest daughter after several months, a daughter Lavinia had doted upon unendingly. "I know that there is little I can do to cull your pain," she said, her heart beginning to beat more quickly in her chest. "But tell me what I may do to help, and I will try. I will always try."

MYLS SALTCLIFFE
 direct link • May 24 2017, 10:02 am
fleet captain
black snake
sworn to house greyjoy
THE IRON ISLANDS
36 years

he saw the way that she shook, the way that she wanted to do anything but look at him in the face. the fist around his heart clenched, and he felt both that usual guilt and anger that flowed through him whenever he saw lavinia like his. so afraid of him, afraid for herself. but there was nothing that he could do fix it. that's what he had taken her for. sure, not all salt wives were treated like her. however, myls wasn't like the other iron born in that way. he didn't want lavinia for the companionship, or for love. he wanted her to take out his anger and rage on, to make himself better to be able to preform his duties as captain of a ship in asha's navy. he was supposed to be strong and determined, focused on the task at hand. and he hadn't been that way, until he had acquired the pretty red head shaking before him, afraid to even look at her captor.

flowers? a vase? myls had no time for frivolous things. but he forced himself to let out the angry breath that he had been holding, removing his hat from his head and holding in one hand to stop him from balling his hands into fists. "there's nothing in here for you." he said simply, no emotions, but less intense than his initial questioning had been when he had entered the room to find her there. his eyes flicked from her to the dusty cradle that he had locked away, despite his intention to destroy it. he hadn't mentioned his stillborn son ever yo her, nor did he ever willingly think about him or his deceased wife. it was better to lock away all of the emotions rather than mourn it at all. instead of saying anything else, he allowed the woman to take his hands, dropping the hat on the edge of the cradle before doing so. the male listened to her pleas, forcing himself to keep a straight face rather than lash out or show the sorrow that he tried his best to keep locked up.

he wanted to speak. she was begging for forgiveness, begging for him to speak to make it up to him. but he just shook his head and let out another sigh before taking his hands from hers. grabbing his hat, he pointed at the door. "let's leave this place alone." he said simply, finally, motioning for her to move before him before pressing a hand to the small of her back to guide her from the room and closing the door behind him. "you can't lose what you never fully had." he finally answered, her words about the pain of losing a child ringing in his head. "he never took his first breath. did he really exist?" the male moved around lavinia and moved towards the kitchen area, sitting on a hard wooden bench and dropping his cap next to him. pointing to the jug of water sitting a few feet from him, he pushed a tin cup in her direction to fill for him.

BY MITZI
LAVINIA HEWETT
 direct link • May 24 2017, 08:38 pm
Lady Hewett
Mother to All
Sworn to House Tyrell
THE IRON ISLANDS
20 years
Natalie • She • 81 posts

There was nothing in this room for her. On that, at least, she could agree. She nodded her head, eager to leave this place before it's ghosts brought out ill spirits in him. "Of course," she said, ready to leave, and wishing she'd never truly come. He allowed her to take his hand, to entreat him about loss and grief. She would have liked to be the balm for his grief, if only he would understand her style of assistance.

She wanted to be more than simply something for him to take his grief out upon, though now she realized just why his anger was so poignant. He had lost not only a wife that he loved, but also a child. That thought alone made her soften to him, and his explanation did not help her to feel any better. There was some small ground gained here; he had not immediately hit her for touching him, nor trying to speak to him openly.

He moved around her and she turned to watch him, leaving the room and shutting the door behind. "He did," she said, following him as he departed. "In your mind, and in your heart. Did you dream of him, of the things he would become, and of what you would do?" She knew that she always did, with her little sisters, and she would with her own children. Or would have, if she had ever been able to properly marry. Now...well, she did not want to bring a child into this life of theirs. A child would see its mother beaten, would see cruelty and perhaps become cruelty, too.

"Your hopes of him were enough," she said softly. "I'm sorry that was taken from you." He pushed a tin near her and she filled it, setting it in front of him again. "Would you like something stronger than water?" she offered, wondering if that would help or hurt. Perhaps both; help his broodiness now, and hurt her later, when he inevitably lashed out.

MYLS SALTCLIFFE
 direct link • May 25 2017, 08:40 am
fleet captain
black snake
sworn to house greyjoy
THE IRON ISLANDS
36 years

the male didn't want to discuss his son, especially from some one that was suppsoed to be helping him forget his deceased family members. but he didn't stop her from talking, just choosing instead to allow her words to be met with silence. he wasn't in the mood for cruelty, his body and mind too exhausted today to think of some sort of torture for the red head woman who talked way too much for her own good. he knew that her heart was in the right place, and myls knew that she was too pure for the life he had created for her. her only downfall had been the same heart that she was exposing to him right then. he remained sullen, avoiding looking in her direction and instead just pushing the cup towards her and waiting for her to place it back in front of him. lifting it gingerly, he took a sip before shaking his head at her final question. glad it was on a different topic rather than that of his stillborn son.

"water is fine." he finally answered, finishing off his tin cup before setting it back on the wooden table top in front of him. clearing his throat, he flicked his eyes up from the tin and to her blue eyes, staring curiously. it wasn't the first time that he had looked at her in the same way. mostly when she was aleep beside him, or working with her face turned from him. he found himself almost admiring her, as if he actually cared. though the male quickly dismissed it with a reminder of what happened to people that he cared for. clearing his throat and shaking his head, he looked back down at the table and reached for an apple from the bowl sitting in the center of the table. "sleep with me tonight." it wasn't a question, nor an outright demand. as if she had a say in the matter.

BY MITZI
LAVINIA HEWETT
 direct link • May 25 2017, 05:24 pm
Lady Hewett
Mother to All
Sworn to House Tyrell
THE IRON ISLANDS
20 years
Natalie • She • 81 posts

The long silence from him had her in edge, but there was something about him today that was dffferent. He did not have that power behind him tonight, did not seem prepared to snap at her. Perhaps he was simply gathering his strength, waiting to retaliate later. But usually that behavior accompanied drink, and now he only asked for water. She was happy to provide, though on edge. There aren't many ways that she could fuck up giving him water, and her eyes watched him with apprehension as he drank.

Sleep with me tonight. It was not quite a command, but not exactly a polite request either. A shiver ran down her spine in anticipation of the pain that would come later. There was something to the way that he was looking at her that set her both ion and off edge; there was almost a tenderness there, or as close to tenderness as she believed him capable of being.

She remained quiet for a few moments as she considered his face, that look. It was earnest, and she hoped this was not some trick. That there was an ounce of gentleness in him that he could spare for her. She had seen it a few times, in small pieces. But it always ended in pain regardless, though she was naturally so inclined to trust it. He had had softnesss once for his wife, hopes and dreams of a family with her. Lavinia had often lain awake crying after he hurt her, wondering if that man had died alongside his wife.

There was no denying his request, though, and so she finally nodded her head. "Of course, lord," she said softly, her innate instinct to offer him a gentle caress to ease whatever tormented him difficult to fight against. "Whatever you like." She remained standing at the edge of the table, her eyes scanning him again as she swirled further instruction.

MYLS SALTCLIFFE
 direct link • May 25 2017, 07:09 pm
fleet captain
black snake
sworn to house greyjoy
THE IRON ISLANDS
36 years

"myls." he corrected her when she called him lord. the only time he was fine with the title was when lashing out and punishing her for whatever infraction his mind came up with. "please." his voice softened, eyes flicking back up to her before taking a bite from th apple he had grabbed. chewing slowly, the male looked over her again, seeing dim bruises across her neck and jaw. both mouth, hand, and various objects had caused those. and he felt the pit open up in his chest again. instead of dwelling, the make took another bite from his apple and shrugged to himself before pulling his eyes down her body and looking at her frail figure. she had been slender when he found her, healthy. she had been scared, and he didn't think he had yet to see even a ghost of smile on her face. because he was a monster. but she had been healthy once, and more than likely happy back home with her family. but myls had ruined her happiness and family, just like fate had ruined his.

"have you eaten?" he asked, raising an eyebrow and looking at her face again, trying to avoid looking at the marks that marred her once perfect porcelain skin. he had mentioned to her many times before about eating, about needing her strength. "i ate with my sailors." the male took another large bite from the apple, trying his best to avoid the crawling feeling in his stomach and chest. "you need to eat before we sleep." finishing off with a loud crisp sound, the male chewed and dropped the core on the table before pulling off the fabrics around his throat and loosening the ties that held the neck of his shirt together. myls was keeping his focus on the task at hand rather than wandering and getting soft with her. the lack of malice in his body was slightly uneasy with him, afraid that he was no longer holding onto the anger that fueled him to be, well, himself.

BY MITZI

LAVINIA HEWETT
 direct link • May 26 2017, 07:59 pm
Lady Hewett
Mother to All
Sworn to House Tyrell
THE IRON ISLANDS
20 years
Natalie • She • 81 posts

Her master corrected her once again, and Lavinia nodded her head. ”Myls,” she said, his plea softer than she had heard him speak in a long time, if ever. She didn’t understand this shift in him; how could he, at one moment, be shouting at her, bruising her, doing whatever he could to hurt and defile her, and then not a day later be pleading with her to use his proper name, and to come to bed with him?

His eyes were no longer looking just at her face, and she wondered what it was that he saw. Silvered glass allowed her to see some of the harm he had imparted onto her, but she did not know the extent of the blues and greens that splotched her chin and neck. The other servants saw and largely ignored her; Lavinia did not yet know her place, and knew even less how to command. She had tried to be kind to them, though she didn’t have to try very hard. Kindness came easily to her, as it always had. But they seemed cockshy when it came to reciprocating; they weren’t unkind to her, but they were certainly not her friends, either.

More than anything Lavinia felt incredibly lonely. She missed her sisters, missed her mother and father, and the servants whom she had been friendly with at home. She missed the scents and the sounds and the caterwaul of noise that surrounded children, and she missed seeing those innocent little cherubic faces which she so tenderly desired to entertain once more.

His voice roused her from that memory, and her brow furrowed in brief confusion. She shook her head no; Lavinia did not yet know what she was allowed, what she could eat without reprimand. She would likely never eat without his permission again, not unless she suddenly took a liking to the beatings he gave her.

He finished the apple he was eating and she watched him begin to pull at his shirt, moving forward to help him with the strings. ”I know not what I’m allowed,” she said after a few moments, though she knew what she wanted. No paltry fruit, though she would eat one if it was all that was offered. She wanted something heartier, though, something that would stick to her ribs and keep her from waking with hunger in the night, as she often did.

MYLS SALTCLIFFE
 direct link • May 26 2017, 08:27 pm
fleet captain
black snake
sworn to house greyjoy
THE IRON ISLANDS
36 years

MATURE CONTENT
QUICK FLASHBACK TO THE FIRST RAPE OF LAVINIA

myls watched her fingers work at the chords at the front of his shirt. reaching up slowly so that she could watch what he was doing, his hands gently folded over hers and pressed them against his now bare chest. his heart beat quickened, testing himself and the allowance he had for actually letting her touch him just as simple as he was doing for her. "you're allowed to eat whatever you can muster." he muttered, looking up at her for a moment before dropping both their hands away from himself and starting to work at his boot straps. "it is your home, too." he added, knowing that his was the farthest thing from home for her. home was supposed to be a place of comfort, for feeling safe. this place was for neither, and he knew that it was his fault. though, he just was not able to control his sudden swings of mood. from tender, and almost timid around her to all of the sudden forcing her to break physically. but that's what he was doing, and that's what he had to do. letting his moods come and go were the only thing keeping him sane, or rather feeling like it. despite what discomforts it caused other people. it was his life, his home, and his own memories he was trying to suppress.

boots loose from around his calves, the male was able to tug his trouser pants free and let them hand over the top of the boots. calling out for one of the kitchen maids, he waited while staring down at his hands until she appeared in the doorway. "fix miss lavinia something warm to eat. you are to do this at least once a day." a mumbled yes, m'lord came quickly before the older woman curtsied and started to work around the kitchen. myls turned to look up at the red head again before standing and folding his jacket over his arm and holding his hat in his hand again. "if you're hungry, then eat. i'll be in my study." the male gave her a quick look over before walking out of the room and up the stairs to the second floor. pushing open the thick door at the end of the hall, the male dropped his outer garments onto the back of a chair and made his way around his desk to sit and do correspondence and the like while leaving her alone to eat in peace without him intimidating her.

as the candle slowly melted out, the male found his body sinking lower in the chair. he held the quill just above the paper, half through a note while his mind wandered through the past year and a half. the death of his wife, the loss of his child. the kingsmoot. the raids. finding lavinia and taking her virtue by force. the male chewed on his lower lip, fighting off both the hard feeling in his chest and the sudden lust that ran through his veins. he almost called out for her, tipping his head back and opening his mouth but stopping short. no, he had promised himself to let her be to eat in peace. he promised to be good tonight so that he could enjoy the warmth and comfort of her soft yet broken body laying next to him. instead, he just closed his mouth and returned his focus back to his letter.

BY MITZI
LAVINIA HEWETT
 direct link • May 26 2017, 11:16 pm
Lady Hewett
Mother to All
Sworn to House Tyrell
THE IRON ISLANDS
20 years
Natalie • She • 81 posts

He took her hand and for a moment she froze, until he pressed it against his heart. Lavinia raised her eyes to his curiously, wondering if she had done something wrong. But no, there was no ill intent there; she only felt his heartbeat, and remembered that he was human. Perhaps that had been his intention; on several nights she had collapsed against his chest, either when her torment was finished or she could not stand it any longer, and heard that angry heartbeat pounding in his chest.

His heartbeat was no longer angry, though. It did not pound against his ribs, but rather palpated irregularly against her palm. He dropped her hands away and she took them back gingerly, letting them rest at her own sides. [bi]This is your home too.[/i] Lavinia didn't believe those words, couldn't believe those words. She was doing her best to bring life into the castle, but still it was not her home. Her home was green, and though it was maritime it was not like this.

And it was a home without children, without family. There wasn't even a dog here to keep her company during the day, though she wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't killed one in one of his rages. To be allowed to eat was a small gratification, and she nodded her head meekly. She would have killed for a shepherd's pie, complete with mash and corn and peas. But instead she was sure she would get fish, more populous here than lamb. Fish was just as welcome for a hungry stomach, though it was not what she craved.

The servant woman was commanded to prepare her food, and Lavinia's stomach growled as the scents of a meal cooking enticed her further towards hunger. She ate quickly, ravenously, almost ashamed of how savagely she had come to eat. Warm bread helped ease her stomach, and she allowed the servants to clean up, citing a need to see their master, and please him well.

His kindness in letting her eat had left her somewhat subdued, though not unwary. She worried that he would fuck her mouth again, and with her recently full stomach that she might....well. She steeled herself against that with a deep breath before knocking and entering his chambers, coming behind him and clearing her throat. "Thank you for the food, Myls," she said softly, her hands brushing down the wrinkles from the front of her dress.

MYLS SALTCLIFFE
 direct link • May 29 2017, 11:10 am
fleet captain
black snake
sworn to house greyjoy
THE IRON ISLANDS
36 years

the male jumped lightly at the sudden sound of her voice, resisting the urge to yell at her for sneaking up on him. but he jsut closed his eyes and breathed in and out before turning to look up at the red haired woman. "don't thank me. it's a common courtesy." the male looked back down and finished his signature on the parchment he had scribbled a note on before folding and sealing it with hot wax. the male watched as the wax dripped onto made flap of the paper, as if it was moving in slow motion. it was almost soothing, and the male was saddened when he had to close the stamp over the hot wax to create the seal. setting down the tools, he leaned back in his chair. myls looked back up at the woman and offered what he could call a smile. it was small, almost a ghost of what could have been a real smile on his lips. but it was short lived before standing up from his seat and offering it to her.

"you can write notes, lavinia?" he asked, hands folding behind his back as he moved to stand beside the chair and give her room. while waiting for an answer, the male leaned forward and pulled an empty sheet of parchment towards her, dipping the feather into the ink pot and handing it over to his saltwife. she seemed educated enough, but he never knew with women. how far had his father let her be educated before deeming her someone to just bed and have carry children? if she had been iron born, she'd be raised as roughly as the rest of the men. she'd know her worth. but, alas, she was his now. he used her to bed out his anger. but that didn't mean he meant to lock her up forever and have her waiting in his chambers forever. she needed to stand in as his rockwife until he found the strength to remarry.

standing up straight and laying one hand along the back of the chair she sat in, the male looked over her pale hand holding the quill. "i want you to write a note to my cousin, desmera. she's been acting very ill-willed towards me since my finding of you." not that he truly blamed her. but his voice remained flat and emotionless as he continued to look at the feather in her hand. "write her to let her know that you are fed, clothed, and treated better than the common servant." he pushed back from the chair and walked around the front of the desk to the small fireplace and kicked at the dying embers with his loosened boots.

BY MITZI
LAVINIA HEWETT
 direct link • May 29 2017, 06:27 pm
Lady Hewett
Mother to All
Sworn to House Tyrell
THE IRON ISLANDS
20 years
Natalie • She • 81 posts

Common courtesy. She did not know such heathens as the Ironborn knew what such a thing was. It struck her, as she had that thought, that she did not know where it came from; so rarely did she think ill on anyone that she was jarred by her own prejudice. But they did seem to her a godless sort, cruel and brutal and eager to die. What sort of life was that? She did not know, but when had she become so bitter? The first time he raped her? The second, third? When he beat her for his own pleasure? She did not know, and it frightened her more than he did.

He could bruise and bloody her body all he wanted, but Lavinia had known that he could not change her mind. But there it was; a changed thought, a challenge to what she had once believed. No, she reminded herself: people were still inherently good. Myls was a man who had suffered much, and eve if his life was not the same as hers had once been, she still knew what it was to lose those you loved. She had lost her parents, her sisters, her home. It was a great loss, made worse by its combined permanence and impermanence. They were not dead, and yet she would never see them again.

He offered her his seat and she took it gingerly, apprehensively. "Yes," she said quietly. She had always liked to write, though not so much as she adored to read. Stories had always been her passion, books of great adventures and dangers that she had once thought she would never know. If only she could have known, and better prepared herself for when her captor had found her...

He wanted her to write a letter. A letter to his cousin. Her eyes moved over the paper and quill, a shaky hand taking the latter. Could she write a letter home? Perhaps one day, while he was not looking. "Finding, lord?" she asked, half a challenge there in her voice. Was this why he fed her? So that she would do his bidding? She supposed it was a pleasant break from forcing her, but still a manipulation all the same. Leaning forward, Lavinia began to pen the letter that he asked, her letters large and graceful upon the page. The quill dragged slowly, and the ink ebbed and flowed pleasantly. Lavinia had forgotten how much enjoyment she got from watching those cursive curls and tendrils as they made words on the page. It was a simple pleasure, but one she enjoyed well.

"There," she said, looking over her shoulder at him. "It is done." Even if they were lies.

MYLS SALTCLIFFE
 direct link • May 31 2017, 08:10 am
fleet captain
black snake
sworn to house greyjoy
THE IRON ISLANDS
36 years

making his way back around the desk as she proclaimed that she was done, myls leaned over her shoulder to peer at the smoothness of her letters. "thank you." he said softly, his breath aimed towards her ear as he continued to lean over her and start to fold the paper in the right way and reaching for the hot wax sitting before them. or a moment, his mind snapped to the image of dropping smalls droplets of the wax across her bare skin, listening to her yell out as they hit the porcelain plane of her stomach. the male bit his lip as he resisted the urge to say these desires aloud, instead guiding the rubber seal to her hand and then guiding said hand to press it into the wax. the feel of her hand in his, the way her body moved at his will, it fueled that desire the rolled through him. but there was no anger, no hate behind the lust. just a pure carnal desire that the male hadn't felt in a long time maybe it was the different type of ale he had earlier in the night, or spending so much time with her. or just the reminder that he was as much human as she was after seeing her standing above the cradle of his dead son.

whatever it was had the hair on the back of his neck standing up and a chill running down his spine. clearing his throat, the male leaned away from the grasp he had on her hand and let out the breath he hadn't been aware he was holding. hands moving to the folds of his shirt, the male started to shrug it off his shoulders. "you may write to whomever." dropping the shirt across her lap, he turned his back to the woman and started to make his way through the door to the adjoining bedroom. "don't make me regret that privilege." he muttered before moving to strike a match and light the lantern at his side table. he didn't really care who she wrote to - she was his. there was no way for her to run, or get rescued. but if he caught any wind of it, there would be hell to pay.

BY MITZI
LAVINIA HEWETT
 direct link • May 31 2017, 08:39 pm
Lady Hewett
Mother to All
Sworn to House Tyrell
THE IRON ISLANDS
20 years
Natalie • She • 81 posts

He thanked her and came in close, and Lavinia felt her breath catching in her throat. His hand reached around her, his words soft against her ear, and she felt goosebumps rise to her neck. Was he playing with her? She could not tell. Lavinia had never been a very good judge of character; she assumed the best in people, unequivocally, and she believed that everyone aspired to truly be good. Perhaps he really was coming around, she thought.

No, another part of her said. A small voice, that didn't used to exist. No, that voice said, he is tricking you. He is making you believe he can be good, so that he might hurt you worse later.

Lavinia closed her eyes, and they opened again as she felt him take her hand, and place the stamp within. He pressed down on the wax and put his sigil into the glob, and Lavinia wondered if that was her sigil now, too. Was she still a Hewett? She belonged to him, but did that make her a Saltcliffe? She was only a salt wife, and admittedly not a very good one. She knew nothing of the Iron way, nor the Iron Price, and did not know what came with being his. Was she really his wife, or was she his concubine? It was difficult to tell, and sometimes she thought herself lower than a dog.

His shirt ended up in her lap, and Lavinia was surprised when he said she could write whomever. Would it soothe her parents more to know that she was alive, or hurt them worse? She would likely never see them again, but she could not predict what they would do if they knew where she was. Her father had an impressive fleet, and was accustomed to fighting the Ironborn. She hoped he would not be fool enough to risk his life, for how could she forgive herself? One Hewett lost was a sad thing indeed, but two? Her family would not recover.

"Perhaps tomorrow," she said, capping the ink and rising, folding his shirt and setting it on the edge of the table. She followed him to the bedroom, her eyes finding the sinewy muscles of his back as he stripped before her. Lavinia didn't know what to do with herself then, waiting for his next command.[/newpost]

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

TAG BOX

tag box rules
♦ Register/post with your OOC alias
♦ Mature, RF and Letter tags can be found in the "Smilies" Link
♦ Just paste your link, no need need for [url=]or []
♦ Any site-related post may be tagged here
♦ Character names for OCs can be colored by using [class=grouplowercase*][/class*] tags! Further assistance with classes and hashtags HERE, and for the generator HERE!

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine