A Call to Arms

most wanted canons

ATTENTION: ACTA is going Private and will henceforth be primarily character driven! This means we will no longer be doing outside recruitment/advertising (though we will not turn folks away if they stumble upon us). We also will have fewer admin-driven site events, and no activity requirements. Want more information? Check out the Announcement HERE!

Add Reply
New Poll

TENDER HEART, tag: elaena
JON TARGARYEN
 direct link • Aug 22 2017, 08:39 am
his grace
the wolf of westeros
Sworn to the Seven Kingdoms
ESSOS
18 years
alma • she/her • 251 posts

This wasn't how he had imagined his arrival; marred by bureaucracy and the drudginess of responsibility that tied him to the ship he captained across the waters and into the Volantis bay, where he allowed his companions to depart,
each filing out over a narrow ramp and onto the docks, promising to check back with the young King, who bid them good luck and even better health on their earthly wanderings across this new city that sprawled into view once the fog cleared. Jon oversaw the docking of the ship, the gathering of the tell-tale sails and the negotiating of a price for the ship's remaining in port. Though exorbitant, Jon didn't mind the sound of dropping coins as they filled the palm of the dock-keeper, his feet starting their threading through the town, eyes shooting around him as he attempted to adjust to the new noises and sights, the landscape so foreign, yet so comforting despite their foreigness.

The fact that his sisters were here, that they were safe, was perhaps the one thing that eased his troubled mind. The fact that he only had to allow others to lead him to a temple (a landmark of the region, apparently) made the task all the more amenable. There was no searching for his treasure beyond the confines of this structure's walls, only friendly exchanges between hismelf and those that led him to the door behind which the silver dragon lay. "Thanks," he murmured before knocking on the door before him, a grateful smile spreading across his lips as he realized how fortunate they had been. How fortunate he
had been to still have a sister to call on, to love.

"It's Jon," he announced kindly, his voice inadvertently cracking as he held back the excitement that stung at his eyes with joyful, warm tears.
ELAENA TARGARYEN
 direct link • Aug 22 2017, 09:47 am
High Princess of Westeros
The Fair Dragon
The Seven Kingdoms
ESSOS
18 years
Athena • she/her • 31 posts

The Fair Dragon had much on her mind as of late. She had given her hand in order to secure an alliance with the Iron Islanders and despite her own notions of the barbarians of the islands, she was finding Harras seemed to defy a good many of said notions. She was beginning to realize that maybe her marriage would not be too terrible do at least he seemed somewhat like a gentleman. Of course that was not to say Elaena was truly looking forward to her duties as a wife, but she had always known she would need to be a good wife and produce children, no matter how she felt about the acts that were required to produce said children. But these days she was attempting to take things one step at a time.

She had been spending some time speaking with her new betrothed and learning more about him but Elaena still needed to focus on retaking the throne. Having strong alliances was only a part of what the Targaryens needed if they were going to be successful. She was still set on reading her books, hoping to find some answer she had not yet stumbled across in order to solve all the problems faced by the Targaryens who were currently on the run.

She was lost in her books, in the words in front of her when she heard a knock on her door, content to ignore it until she heard the voice on the other side. The voice did not need to state his name for she knew it well without the name and she felt her heart leap at the sound. When she had left King's Landing she was unsure if she'd ever hear it again but here he was, outside her door.

She jumped out of her seat to open the door, not wasting a moment in throwing her arms around her brother. "Jon! It is so good to see you," she said as she hugged her brother close, hugging him tightly and not wanting to let him go. She had known he was alive, but being with him once more was very different than just hearing he was alive. "What are you doing in Volantis? Never mind, it matters little. Come in, please," she smiled, finally letting her arms fall to her side to usher her brother into her chambers. It had been hard for her to smile of late but with Jon back in reach things already seemed easier.

She moved to pour wine for her brother and a glass for herself as well, sitting at the small table she had been reading at a moment before and hoping he would sit with her. "I had heard you and Dany made it out alive, but it is different actually seeing you alive. I am so grateful to have you here, alive and well it seems. Westeros will need its rightful King," Elaena said with a nod of her head.
JON TARGARYEN
 direct link • Aug 22 2017, 01:57 pm
his grace
the wolf of westeros
ESSOS
18 years

There was his fair dragon, in the flesh. In real life. Had he been told he would be crossing paths with her and Daena some weeks before, he wouldn't have believed it, but all became too overwhelming when the door swung open and she threw her arms around him. She did not care if he smelled of salt and sweat; if the rough seas and trials and tribulations had left their mark. He looked no more like a prince since the moment she last saw him, when they were ushered away on a ship to escape uncertainty, but there was no mistaking, not in how tightly he held her, not in how much he had missed her, that he was the king that, for so long, longed for this moment. Jon returned the hug with equal fervor, ignoring the streaming tears as they poured out of his eyes, rolling down his face and into her silvery, perfumed hair. Only when she withdrew did he loosen his grasp, raising his hand to brush away the excess tears before nodding, murmuring a "likewise" between gritted, smiling teeth as he allowed her to lead him into her chambers.

He cast a glance around him, finding the accommodation suitable for a princess, but he knew his sister well enough to recognize that she needed no trinkets nor material things to make her feel fulfilled. He saw her trademark all over. Books. Many of them. On subjects his own mind could only imagine. She had always been the intellectual, and he respected that. She had always been his role model when it came to academic subjects, and he had never spared a moment to let her know that he admired her dedication... that one day, all of this could become useful. But right now he did not need her academic savvy nor her intellectual inclinations. He needed his sister.

"I would not take on the task of reconquering our home without you," he stated with a weak smile, as he settled into the seat she offered. He accepted graciously and descended into it, glad to finally attain both physical and mental respite. She is before you. She is fine. "You wouldn't believe it until you see it; it's a healthy point of view, I must admit," he complimented as he reached forward, taking his cup. He hadn't realized how thirsty he was until the libation touched his lips and he felt compelled to drink a few gulpfuls. He held himself back, turning back to Elaena, smiling. "I could care less about Westeros. To see you well brings me more joy than any kingdom or title." And the same could be said for Caelia, his wife, and their daughter, little Visenya. He hadn't heard of them lately; he was unsure whether he should bother ask and risk being let down. He would rather not taint this moment, he figured. He hardly felt like a husband or a father in this moment... he felt the pain of his title, however, when he remembered that the woman before him was to be given away.

"I should have been the first to have met you today; duty held me back," he said, excusing himself for the delay. "I assume the Ironborn did not waste any time seeking you out. Harras of Harlaw." It had taken time and practice not to say such a name without a stain of disgrace, but the man, Jon had to admit, had grown on him. He was not as brash as most mainlanders, and actually had a talent for diplomacy, albeit basic. He had proven himself honorable and trustworthy. However, no one seemed good enough for the fair sister he beheld with wide, concerned eyes. "You can say no if you don't want to. I am certain he will respect you and your decision," Jon stated, unsure of whether that was even true. It would mean they would lose. But more than ever, Jon was certain he would rather let go of a kingdom, start anew, than lose his sister to a savage.

"
ELAENA TARGARYEN
 direct link • Aug 22 2017, 03:40 pm
The Fair Dragon
The Seven Kingdoms
ESSOS
18 years

Elaena noticed the tears on her dear brother's face as she pulled away from him and she gave him a small smile, one of her small hands going for just a moment to rest on his cheek and gently wipe away a tear that was there though not saying any words. She was just glad to see he was alive and she was going to do everything in her power to keep him alive and see him back on the Iron Throne. Seeing her brother was reminding her of the strength she needed to have and how much farther they all had to go to win this war but he was also reminding her that it was doable. That they could win. That they would win.

"I am glad to hear you say such but you will also need Daena and her dragon, though I will also be by your side," she said with a small smile as she looked to her brother. Her twin was the strong one between the two but she knew her booksmarts would also come in handy. Two halves of a while as it were, and both of them would be needed to reclaim Westeros. "You must care about Westeros. They need us, they need you Jon. Robert has started a civil war and I am certain many will suffer for his rule. It is not just for us that we must take back the throne, but for our people. It will be difficult at times to find joy but we will. Especially now that we are once more together," Elaena said with a small smile. She hates Robert Baratheon and she knew the realm needed the Targaryens back, no matter what hardships and sacrifices they would make.

Violet eyes fell to her brother as he spoke of coming to her sooner, how another had already found her. She gave a small nod as he spoke of Harras of Harlaw, waiting to see if he would say anything else. It was an odd match and certainly one Elaena had never expected, but she did not think it was worst she could have done, especially considering what was to gain from him. "Yes, I have spoken to Harras of Harlaw and he let it be known I would be his bride if I accepted the offer. I did accept. We need those ships," Elaena said with a small nod of her head, knowing all along that Jon would not have been angry had she refused but she also knew they needed the alliance. In her mind she had no choice.

"He is a funny match for you to have made and I'm sure there will be a few unpleased to see a Princess wed to an Ironborn, but he does not seem the barbarian I've thought the Ironborn to be. Before everything he may have been beneath me, but considering he is the Hand to his Queen and has an army of ship at his back, he is an alliance we will need," Elaena said to her brother. So far she saw no red flags regarding Harras but she supposed only time might tell. "I know you did not wish to force me to marry but or situation has changed and I will gladly give my hand in marriage for a strong alliance. Please do not worry for me Jon."
JON TARGARYEN
 direct link • Aug 23 2017, 03:08 am
his grace
the wolf of westeros
ESSOS
18 years

Jon wondered how many of those people would still lay their sword for him; how many would still want him at the helm amidst chaos he helped create. After all, had he not been the one that called for sons to go to war with him? Had he not also set wildfire to their enemies? Many fine men and women perished or suffered at the hands of all involved. It wasn't just Robert who had a stake in the blame. Jon had one too. But he was not about to let these facts drag him down. He already had in mind the kind of ruler he wanted to be, if and when he reemerged on Westerosi soil, if and when the crown once again graced his dark-haired head. It was odd to realize how much he doubted himself, and how much faith Elaena placed on him. It took effort to make himself believe that she was not capable of lying. Not to him, anyway.

"In due time," Jon stated with a stern nod. The Iron Bank wouldn't be able to cash in on unmediated foly, not of the sort that surged in Westeros as of late. They required calculated efforts and statistical evidence that would ensure them, not a win on the battlegrounds, but profit. Gold to pocket. And so far, it was hard to tell whether or not the Baratheon crown was capable of guaranteeing the sort of prosperity that would enable them to pay the Iron Bank back. However, Jon was not easily swayed by prospects of this sort. However, he was more than joyful before Elaena. Nothing mattered. He and his sisters were united again. He didn't want to think about what the future held; he wanted to enjoy this moment. Perhaps the last pleasant memory to hold onto before diving back into the fray.

It felt like he was already doing so when he mentioned Harlaw. His lips pursed together, dark eyes looking at his sister intently as he awaited her opinion, his grimace revealing his displeasure, but a nod signaling acceptance of her decision. We need those ships. If only there were a situation that there wasn't a need for anything. If only she could marry someone she loved; someone to match her intelligence and respect her for the fair creature she was. Perhaps there was hope; perhaps Harras would see what he saw. He'd notice she was no ordinary woman. That she did not belong in his world. "He is an exception to the rule, it seems," Jon commented with an uncomfortable shrug as he looked into his cup nervously, slowly nodding to the few truths spattered out. A man with an army. A queen's Hand. "A mere hand," Jon noted before taking a quick sip from his cup.

"The Seven know you deserve better than a mere Hand. The confidence Queen Asha bears towards him is by no means timeless nor permanent. He wields no titles beyond those pertaining to his birthright as a Harlaw, but if he is worthy of confidence, as Asha seems to have signaled, then I may consider having him close upon inaugurating a new court, a new council, a new rule,"
he stated, visibly flustered by the matter. "You are to remain in King's Landing once we reclaim it. You don't belong in the Iron Isles. It is not a life I wish for you."
ELAENA TARGARYEN
 direct link • Aug 23 2017, 10:01 am
The Fair Dragon
The Seven Kingdoms
ESSOS
18 years

Elaena simply nodded her head as Jon spoke about due time. She knew he was right and that patience would serve them well but the Princess did not wish to wait too long. She hoped their supporters would not forget the Targaryens and would welcome them back with open arms and be there to support them when they arrived. She hoped Westeros would not forget all the good her father had done for them and all the good they could do for them. She really trusted that Jon would do well for Westeros and she thought he would listen to his advisors and do what was best.

She gave her dark haired brother a small smirk as he spoke of Harras being merely a hand. An Ironborn hand no less but it seemed the mere hand was destined to marry royalty now. A Princess driven from her home could hardly hope to arrange a marriage with a prince of some other kingdom and even if she could she was unsure who she might pick. No, Harras was both a lord and a hand of a queen. In her eyes his station was enough of a standing for her and he would be good enough she thought. Her doubt was in the salt that was in his veins but so far he had proven himself more gentle than most Ironborn. She hoped that would not change once they were wed.

"I may deserve better but there are no better options at the moment. A strong alliance is the best I can hope for. He at least seems to be a good man, for now at least. One that I think would be honored to serve on your council, if that is what you are suggesting," Elaena said with a small smile to Jon. Harras was also handsome which she supposed was a good thing, though she did not admit that to Jon. It felt weird to even think such a thing around her brother. She did wonder though if he truly considered making Harras one of the members of his council when he reclaimed the throne. It meant there had to be something he saw in Harras, or so she thought.

Jon told her she was to remain in King's Landing after the wedding and she gave him a soft smile. She wanted to always remain in her home, the place she loved. The city surely smelled at times but she still loved the area. She was made for the right and warm weather of King's Landing not the dreary fog and storms of the Iron Isles. But she would be a wife and she would need go where her husband was required. Her duty would be to her husband, though she supposed she would also still have a duty to Jon as her king she would need to follow. "I do hope I will be able to stay in King's Landing. It is my home and I do not wish to leave. Hopefully Harras will allow us to stay there," she said with a small nod of her head. Hopefully her husband would see that she required an elaborate library and the right sun of the Red Keep to be happy and he would allow them to stay there for at least awhile.
JON TARGARYEN
 direct link • Aug 29 2017, 06:21 am
his grace
the wolf of westeros
ESSOS
18 years

As much as it pained the fallen king, there was no lie in his sister's words. "No. No better option. Circumstances will not get any better, I fear," he noted with a quirk of his brow. He had gone through the mental machinations and seen the same; they were cornered and had to make due. He would do anything in his power to keep his sister close, and if a marriage with a low-ranking noble was his ticket to keeping his cherished sibling beside him, so be it. "He has military experience. As hand, he surely has more to offer than that; Asha wouldn't have appointed him to such a high position without placing some degree of trust in him." And though he had never encountered or met Asha, he was willing to take a risk and follow his aunt's assessment of the woman, and to see her through Harras' eyes. She couldn't be too bad of a person, and if she was willing to allow Harras an opportunity to rise up through the ranks and take up a more demanding position, better suited for a man of his calibre, then she couldn't be so bad a person. And neither could Harras for accepting such narrow terms.

"I've only made him the offer of joining me,"
Jon clarified as he reached towards the pitcher, refilling his goblet. "Whether or not he bends the knee to the degree I want him to is to be seen," he continued as he raised his goblet to his mouth, taking a quick sip as he recollected his thoughts. Why would Harras not submit to him? Why did Jon doubt the man, despite his having proved his value and honor? Swallowing hard, Jon turned his eyes back to his sister, sighing through his nose. They would have to be wed before they charged into war; each needed leverage, the sort that could foster a proper understanding of each other's stances. He would need to let the fair dragon go, placing her in the hands of a man whose displays of nobility and honor could not convince Jon that Harras was the right partner for fair Elaena. No one was good enough. No one would ever be. But he had no choice in this. They would marry.

"It's the condition I imposed," he stated, nodding. It was perhaps the only thing keeping Jon sane. "He does not seem to align with Ironborn practices, taking salt wives and the sort, but I'd rather you never have to concern yourself with those... things." Better a man seek out whores at a brothel than undermine Elaena's position and worth. "Of course you may travel to the Iron Isles. It is wise that they know who they have allied with, but your home will always be King's Landing. You too, I hope, would accept a position in my council," he broke, pursing his lips as he thought about his own wife. It was a shame he had believed her so worthless, a pest that marred his existence. He waited too long to realize she was more than just a pretty face, and far more dedicated to the Targaryen cause than he initially thought. And now she held their child. He could only hope to see them again, and that if he was to ever be honored with the chance of seeing her again, he would see her for what she was: A cunning woman of considerable intellect, charm, and fearless sacrifice. She was more than cattle. And Elaena was certainly more than cattle for breeding.

"Your honor, your worth will not be cemented through your... ability to have children. That will not matter. You will not be forced," he went on, casting his eyes towards the floor. "You are a Targaryen. You are my counsel. You need not prove yourself anymore than you already have."
ELAENA TARGARYEN
 direct link • Aug 30 2017, 08:42 pm
The Fair Dragon
The Seven Kingdoms
ESSOS
18 years

Elaena knew that circumstances would not improve unless they made them better, and their way to do so was to use every weapon in their arsenal. Her hand in marriage, and subsequently her maidenhead, was one such weapon and to barter it for a naval power was smart indeed. She knew Jon hated to do it but Elaena did not hate or even blame him for it. It was the life of a princess, especially one who had been driven from her home. “Asha’s apparent trust in him is interesting, given he acts half like a mainlander compared to how I have expected an Ironborn to behave. But the trust, hopefully, is a sign to us that he can be trusted,” Elaena said with a small nod of her head. So far she saw no reason not to trust Harras. Certainly he was elevating his own status with this marriage, but he did not seem like he would be a poor husband or that he would betray her family.<P>

Elaena did raise an eyebrow as he mentioned about the degree to which Harras bent the knee. “I think he shall be loyal to us, but of course, you shall hear from me if I have any reason to suspect otherwise. I will always be a Targaryen first, and I will always support you first Jon,” Elaena said, her violet eyes moving to meet her brother’s. He was where her loyalty laid and even if she did become wife to Harras of Harlaw, Jon Targaryen would always be her true loyalty, the side she would chose if somehow she was forced to make that decision. She wanted Jon to know where she stood.<P>

She nodded as he said he had imposed that she was to stay in King’s Landing. She was glad for it, not wanting to go to the dreary islands. Her nose wrinkled as he spoke of salt wives and the like, shaking her head. “It will be made very clear to him that I will not stand for him to take salt wives. I care little for the Ironborn tradition and I will not be disrespected in that way nor will I allow for my husband to hurt other women,” Elaena said, her voice more firm than usual. She would not abide a husband who raped women and she would not abide a husband who publically shamed and humiliated her. She knew men might take lovers but it was best done in secret, where only whispers would talk of the deed.<P>

“I would be honored to accept a position on your council, Jon, if it is what you truly want. You need not answer me such a position to keep me in King’s Landing though,” she said with a small smile, joking with him slightly. She would always be there to offer her thoughts to Jon, and he had never really hesitated in at least hearing her out. She was going to make sure though that no one ever hurt their family again, not like Robert had.<P>

Elaena looked down for a moment as Jon spoke of not needing to prove herself ever, taking a sip of her own wine. “I thank you for your words and they do mean quite a bit to me. I will be sure not to feel pressure to have children, but I find it hard to believe Harras shall not want a Harlaw heir or some children of his own. I think I might like some as well…” she said, her voice trailing off and a small smile on her lips. The act of producing children did not appeal to Elaena, but having some small children to play with and love and teach to read sounded amazing to the girl.<P>

Her eyes moved back to her brother though, fully taking him in and letting herself fully enjoy having her brother in her presence again. “When do you hope for this wedding to take place? I assume we shall not wait until the throne is retaken, not if we want to ensure the Iron support, and I can also only assume that sooner would be better than later.”
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAG BOX

tag box rules
♦ Register/post with your OOC alias
♦ Mature, RF and Letter tags can be found in the "Smilies" Link
♦ Just paste your link, no need need for [url=]or []
♦ Any site-related post may be tagged here
♦ Character names for OCs can be colored by using [class=grouplowercase*][/class*] tags! Further assistance with classes and hashtags HERE, and for the generator HERE!

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine